3. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Colin Moran (L) DH

6. Phillip Evans (R) 3B

7. Guillermo Heredia (R) CF

8. John Ryan Murphy (R) C

9. Cole Tucker (S)

Trevor Williams SP

Well, Tucker is going to get another chance today. I wish him well and with stick with him for a few more days. They have no one else that could be lights out any better. Column gets the start fast DH. It will be nice to see how Evans does at 3B. Poor Shelton has not really good players to adequately fill the lineup.
Bobster21

Game Thread 7/25 at Cards

Post by Bobster21 »

Tucker's in RF. I never heard of Evans. I guess Osuna had to sit as punishment for getting 2 hits and 2 RBIs and making his teammates look bad. Fire Shelton! He hasn't won a game all year! :)
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

032E23323524337370410 wrote: Tucker's in RF. I never heard of Evans. I guess Osuna had to sit as punishment for getting 2 hits and 2 RBIs and making his teammates look bad. Fire Shelton! He hasn't won a game all year! :) It won't take to get a read on Shelton, already seeing things you got to question, like playing Bell and not DH, didn't like it that he's encouraging Dyson to kneel I really really dislike that stupid trick. If this catches on it's big big trouble for Pirates.

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I like Cole Tucker, but I am beginning to wonder if he will hit major league pitching. First pitch pop up with bases loaded. He did struggle in those 2 final exhibition games with Cleveland. He has a lot of energy, which I like and I am pulling for him that he will make it.
BenM

Post by BenM »

I'm kind of glad there are only 60 games this season.

I don't know if I could follow this team for 162.
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

They may lose 100 anyway.
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

42656E4D000 wrote: I'm kind of glad there are only 60 games this season.

I don't know if I could follow this team for 162.
I'm with you Ben.Fortunately there are MAJOR LEAGUE teams on ESPN and Fox
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

This is truly an unwatchable team.  Starting pitching leaves alot to be desired; relief pitching is terrible.  BC and Nutting punted this year and probably the next 50.  The top of the lineup hasn't hit and the bottom six is a AAA lineup at best.

One day closer to realizing Kumar Rocker will be our's with the first pick of the 2021 draft. I feel sorry for Shelton.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Perhaps you should feel sorry for Kumer Rocker as well.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

It’s only two games in so don’t want to read too much into things yet but yea it’s clear this is just not a good team overall. There are just way too many holes. And while I think this entire 60 game season is not very important in terms of wins and losses if the Pirates plan to at least stay relevant in the race and keep fans somewhat interested they better start winning some games this next week or so. Starting something like 1-9 or 2-8 after 10 games is basically gonna put this team out of it right away. And the way things look so far these first two games in St Louis it appears that’s a very good possibility.