2. Kevin Newman (R) SS

3. Josh Bell (S) 1B

4. Colin Moran (L) 3B

5. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

6. Jose Osuna (R) RF

7. Gregory Polanco (L) DH

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF

Polanco in the lineup. As a DH though. Hope he can get back to the OF soon.
Bobster21

July 27 Game Thread - Bucs vs the Brew Crew

Post by Bobster21 »

I'm in no hurry to see him back in the OF. Except, of course, if he's occupying the DH role that Bell desperately needs to be in. The inadequacy of Polanco's outfielding is not as bad as the inadequacy of Bell's 1B play. But he's a liability in the OF. And he adds little offensively. A low average hitter and poor base runner. Seems to have a low baseball IQ. His occasional HRs (career high 23 doesn't really make him a legit power threat) don't make up for all the deficiencies in his game. I didn't miss Polanco when he was out. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Just win baby!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

775A57464150470704350 wrote: I'm in no hurry to see him back in the OF. Except, of course, if he's occupying the DH role that Bell desperately needs to be in. The inadequacy of Polanco's outfielding is not as bad as the inadequacy of Bell's 1B play. But he's a liability in the OF. And he adds little offensively. A low average hitter and poor base runner. Seems to have a low baseball IQ. His occasional HRs (career high 23 doesn't really make him a legit power threat) don't make up for all the deficiencies in his game. I didn't miss Polanco when he was out. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned. 

Couldn't have said it better, Bobster. The quicker he's in another uniform the better I'll feel. Which leads me to this contradiction: I hope he plays like Willie Mays over the next month so that some sucker GM will trade for him.
shedman

Post by shedman »

257365717E64747F726557707A767E7B3974170 wrote: I'm in no hurry to see him back in the OF. Except, of course, if he's occupying the DH role that Bell desperately needs to be in. The inadequacy of Polanco's outfielding is not as bad as the inadequacy of Bell's 1B play. But he's a liability in the OF. And he adds little offensively. A low average hitter and poor base runner. Seems to have a low baseball IQ. His occasional HRs (career high 23 doesn't really make him a legit power threat) don't make up for all the deficiencies in his game. I didn't miss Polanco when he was out. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned. 

Couldn't have said it better, Bobster.  The quicker he's in another uniform the better I'll feel. Which leads me to this contradiction:  I hope he plays like Willie Mays over the next month so that some sucker GM will trade for him. 
____

You need not worry. Polanco is the second highest paid player on the team, so he will be gone soon. BOB will not be happy until the whole team is at the league minimum.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

657E73727B7778160 wrote: I'm in no hurry to see him back in the OF. Except, of course, if he's occupying the DH role that Bell desperately needs to be in. The inadequacy of Polanco's outfielding is not as bad as the inadequacy of Bell's 1B play. But he's a liability in the OF. And he adds little offensively. A low average hitter and poor base runner. Seems to have a low baseball IQ. His occasional HRs (career high 23 doesn't really make him a legit power threat) don't make up for all the deficiencies in his game. I didn't miss Polanco when he was out. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned. 

Couldn't have said it better, Bobster.  The quicker he's in another uniform the better I'll feel. Which leads me to this contradiction:  I hope he plays like Willie Mays over the next month so that some sucker GM will trade for him. 
____

You need not worry.  Polanco is the second highest paid player on the team, so he will be gone soon.  BOB will not be happy until the whole team is at the league minimum.

Yeah, there's always that.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

78636E6F666A650B0 wrote: I'm in no hurry to see him back in the OF. Except, of course, if he's occupying the DH role that Bell desperately needs to be in. The inadequacy of Polanco's outfielding is not as bad as the inadequacy of Bell's 1B play. But he's a liability in the OF. And he adds little offensively. A low average hitter and poor base runner. Seems to have a low baseball IQ. His occasional HRs (career high 23 doesn't really make him a legit power threat) don't make up for all the deficiencies in his game. I didn't miss Polanco when he was out. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned. 

____

You need not worry.  Polanco is the second highest paid player on the team, so he will be gone soon.  BOB will not be happy until the whole team is at the league minimum.

That says all there is to say about the 2020 Pittsburgh Pirates.  The two highest are Archer and Polanco. 

What a sad state of affairs.

The only way they'll be gone is for Cherington to actually do something.  So, after taking that into account, are you so sure of your comment?  ;)
shedman

Post by shedman »

0134232328112323282F23460 wrote: I'm in no hurry to see him back in the OF. Except, of course, if he's occupying the DH role that Bell desperately needs to be in. The inadequacy of Polanco's outfielding is not as bad as the inadequacy of Bell's 1B play. But he's a liability in the OF. And he adds little offensively. A low average hitter and poor base runner. Seems to have a low baseball IQ. His occasional HRs (career high 23 doesn't really make him a legit power threat) don't make up for all the deficiencies in his game. I didn't miss Polanco when he was out. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned. 

____

That says all there is to say about the 2020 Pittsburgh Pirates.  The two highest are Archer and Polanco. 

What a sad state of affairs.

The only way they'll be gone is for Cherington to actually do something.  So, after taking that into account, are you so sure of your comment?  ;)

________

Well, I never thought of it that way and you have given me pause to think. I am not at all certain that Polanco will be traded away since it requires Cherington to actually DO SOMETHING instead of just sitting there seeing what he has.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I believe you and I are both correct.

Without question, they're as good as gone.

The issue is- how soon?

Answer? Not soon enough.

I highly doubt they'd return much to improve the team. But, it will be hard to lessen it.

Will he get the bright idea to sweeten the pot by adding Bell?
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Tyler Glasnow had nine strikeouts in four innings tonight. That one's going to sting for a while.