3. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

4. Colin Moran (L) DH

5. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

6. Josh Bell (S) 1B

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Anthony Alford (R) CF

9. Jacob Stallings (R) C

Trevor Wiliams (R) SP

Come on Shelton! Bell at 1B? You gotta be kidding me! He should be on the bench for a few games. On the other hand Shelty, you are playing things smart in the sweepstakes for Kumar Rocker!
Bobster21

Game Thread - September 5 - Reds vs Bucs

Post by Bobster21 »

And of course Hayes needs a day off. ::)
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: And of course Hayes needs a day off.  ::)

Gotha, I wonder whatever happened to the Ernie Banks attitude for ballplayers? "Let's play two today!" Gotta love Mr. Cub, Erine.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

45646C456E66010 wrote: And of course Hayes needs a day off.  ::)

Gotha, I wonder whatever happened to the Ernie Banks attitude for ballplayers?  "Let's play two today!"  Gotta love Mr. Cub, Erine.
I think the players want to play. It's the managers and GMs and their bean counters and their analytics dept that comes up with the great idea that players will play better if they play less. Which is the exact opposite of what any players will tell you.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Well, I managed to endure 1 entire inning of Joe Block's endless filibustering and raising the pitch of his voice for the last word of each sentence. Switched to radio broadcast for inning 2.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It only took 2 innings for Bell's throwing issues to be on display. Too bad he can't DH. Oh, wait......
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

597479686F7E69292A1B0 wrote: It only took 2 innings for Bell's throwing issues to be on display. Too bad he can't DH. Oh, wait......

Game on Fox sports1 here in Wildwood. Why I don't know. Maybe it"s

because it"s a holiday weekend and nobody will watch. you are right about Bell. He is absolutely terrible in the field. Not much better at the plate this year either.Most Little Leaguers would have made that toss
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

1826232B3820202B0B2E392A4F0 wrote: It only took 2 innings for Bell's throwing issues to be on display. Too bad he can't DH. Oh, wait......

Game on Fox sports1 here in Wildwood. Why I don't know. Maybe it"s

because it"s a holiday weekend and nobody will watch. you are right about Bell. He is absolutely terrible in the field. Not much better at the plate this year either.Most Little Leaguers would have made that toss
Gonna see if there are any I Love Lucy reruns on tonight. This is painful to watch
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Alford fractured his right elbow when he hit the wall earlier in tonight’s game.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

626E6F343D343C31362933040 wrote: Alford fractured his right elbow when he hit the wall earlier in tonight’s game.
Crap! So it looked like the Pirates got lucky with 2 castoffs--Evans and Alford--and both suffer bad injuries.