Possible Lineup In A Couple Years

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Ben Cherington indicated in one of his past zoom conferences that not all prospects succeed in MLB. I am probably more optimistic than most, but I could see the following lineup in a couple seasons.

Martin 1b

Gonzales 2b

Peguero SS

Hays 3B

Reynolds LF

Swaggerty / Head CF

Cruz Rf

C. Smith DH

E. Rodriguez C

Pitchers

Priester

Yen

Malone

Rocker ??

There are some other pieces which need to be added, but this group of players could become a very nice foundation to build from.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

333F3E656C656D60677862550 wrote: Ben Cherington indicated in one of his past zoom conferences that not all prospects succeed in MLB. I am probably more optimistic than most, but I could see the following lineup in a couple seasons.

Martin 1b

Gonzales 2b

Peguero SS

Hays 3B

Reynolds LF

Swaggerty / Head CF

Cruz Rf

C. Smith DH

E. Rodriguez C

Pitchers

Priester

Yen

Malone

Rocker ??

There are some other pieces which need to be added, but this group of players could become a very nice foundation to build from.

thanks for posting this. in the olden days when I was a subscriber to Baseball America it would publish a future line up for teams.

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

767A7B2029202825223D27100 wrote: Ben Cherington indicated in one of his past zoom conferences that not all prospects succeed in MLB. I am probably more optimistic than most, but I could see the following lineup in a couple of seasons.

Martin 1b

Gonzales 2b

Peguero SS

Hays 3B

Reynolds LF

Swaggerty / Head CF

Cruz Rf

C. Smith DH

E. Rodriguez C

Pitchers

Priester

Yen

Malone

Rocker ??

There are some other pieces that need to be added, but this group of players could become a very nice foundation to build from.

I thank you also for this post. Finally, something positive looking into the future. Only time will tell how many of them turn out to BC and our expectations. It will be fun watching them as they develop the next few years.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

656968333A333B36312E34030 wrote: Ben Cherington indicated in one of his past zoom conferences that not all prospects succeed in MLB. I am probably more optimistic than most, but I could see the following lineup in a couple seasons.

Martin 1b

Gonzales 2b

Peguero SS

Hays 3B

Reynolds LF

Swaggerty / Head CF

Cruz Rf

C. Smith DH

E. Rodriguez C

Pitchers

Priester

Yen

Malone

Rocker ??

Of that group, which ones do you think could become standouts and which ones just serviceable major leaguers?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2B303D3C353936580 wrote: Ben Cherington indicated in one of his past zoom conferences that not all prospects succeed in MLB. I am probably more optimistic than most, but I could see the following lineup in a couple seasons.

Martin 1b

Gonzales 2b

Peguero SS

Hays 3B

Reynolds LF

Swaggerty / Head CF

Cruz Rf

C. Smith DH

E. Rodriguez C

Pitchers

Priester

Yen

Malone

Rocker ??

thanks for posting this.  in the olden days when I was a subscriber to Baseball America it would publish a future line up for teams.

____

In a couple of years, Reynolds and Hayes will be playing for some other team.
Yeah, we know that. That's not the topic.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

654845545342551516270 wrote: Ben Cherington indicated in one of his past zoom conferences that not all prospects succeed in MLB. I am probably more optimistic than most, but I could see the following lineup in a couple seasons.

Martin 1b

Gonzales 2b

Peguero SS

Hays 3B

Reynolds LF

Swaggerty / Head CF

Cruz Rf

C. Smith DH

E. Rodriguez C

Pitchers

Priester

Yen

Malone

Rocker ??

Of that group, which ones do you think could become standouts and which ones just serviceable major leaguers?

I will hold my opinion on this question Bobster until I see the PBN 2020 Prospect Guide and Rankings that are coming out shortly.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Do we know what Cruz's legal status is? Has the DUI case been dismissed?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

77505B78350 wrote: Do we know what Cruz's legal status is? Has the DUI case been dismissed?
I believe the Pirates expect him to be available for ST. I have not seen anything regarding his status since October.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Not a bad lineup. I look forward to seeing Rocker in the rotation. Additionally, I would hope the first pick in the 2022 draft— which is supposedly loaded—will be contributing as well. One name you didn’t mention was Canaan Smith. He hits for average, takes a lot of walks, can steal a base, and has credible power potential. Let’s hope he keeps progressing.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6B6C405741220 wrote: Not a bad lineup.  I look forward to seeing Rocker in the rotation.  Additionally, I would hope the first pick in the 2022 draft— which is supposedly loaded—will be contributing as well.  One name you didn’t mention was Canaan Smith.  He hits for average, takes a lot of walks, can steal a base, and has credible power potential.  Let’s hope he keeps progressing.
I have Smith as the DH because like you noted, he takes a lot of walks, and appears to be a natural hitter. One pitcher I neglected to add was Mitch Keller who I hope will be part of the rotation in a couple years.