Re: Pirates Sign T. Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

could be a good platoon bat with Moran. Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

Pitched a scoreless inning last year too.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

143233243222510 wrote: could be a good platoon bat with Moran.  Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

Good vet to have around the young guys.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0E584E5A554F5F54594E7C5B515D5550125F3C0 wrote: could be a good platoon bat with Moran.  Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

I remember seeing him play for Tom's River South High School. There was only one player that I also saw play in high school who was better. His name is Mike Trout. They played against each other in the South Jersey Sectional Final. Trout had 3HR 5 RBIs Frazier 2HR's 3RBIs. Score was 5-3.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

366076626D77676C6176446369656D682A67040 wrote: could be a good platoon bat with Moran.  Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

If he makes the team out of ST he is a better vet than Neal Walker.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

This gives them a veteran presence on the team that they badly need. His value will be more than what his stats probably will be.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This is a good signing. A veteran of 10 years to be around the younger players is a good move by the Pirates.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1D3C341D363E590 wrote: could be a good platoon bat with Moran.  Has an 815 career ops vs. lefties vs. 751 vs. righthanders.

If he makes the team out of ST he is a better vet than Neal Walker.

I know they wouldn't make room for both but it'd be nice to see Walker come back.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Seems like forever ago, but remember the 2013 WC game? Frazier just missed hitting a go ahead 3 run HR and dang near let the air out of PNC. Struck out on the next pitch. It was at that moment of the game, I knew the Pirates were going to win. As big as the Cueto drop and Martin's HR on the next pitch were, that loud foul was as much a part of the game too. Frazier also made that catch going into the camera well of a Neil Walker foul ball, when the Pirates looked to be ready to blow the game open.

Glad he's on our side now!
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

I'm tickled to see Todd Frazier join the team. Perfect platoon partner for Colin Moran. It does make me wonder, though, about what the Bucs will now do with Phil Evans, who I thought would platoon with Moran, and Wilmer Difo, who now seems to be squeezed out of the 26-man.

Can anyone tell me whether the 5 guys on the taxi squad must be on the 40-man roster? It would probably be worth it to add Difo to the 40-man if necessary, because he is a Swiss Army Knife for the taxi squad.

I wonder if Evans will see time in RF to rest Polanco against lefties.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

0E282F3A333F283E365D0 wrote: Seems like forever ago, but remember the 2013 WC game? Frazier just missed hitting a go ahead 3 run HR and dang near let the air out of PNC. Struck out on the next pitch. It was at that moment of the game, I knew the Pirates were going to win. As big as the Cueto drop and Martin's HR on the next pitch were, that loud foul was as much a part of the game too. Frazier also made that catch going into the camera well of a Neil Walker foul ball, when the Pirates looked to be ready to blow the game open.

Glad he's on our side now!
Good memory! I attended that game, and remember both plays very well. It is 8 years since 2013, and I hope Frazier still has something left in the tank. I like having him on our team.