Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by Surgnbuck »

All aboard!

Leads the team in OBP right now. Sure looked like a bust that first couple of games, but tell me he hasn't been the second best player on the club since those initial gaffs in his first couple games?

Ka'ai is Hawaiian for Ty, except with the "hiccup" in the pronunciation

BC's first star reclamation project!

How about a nice Hawaiian Punch!!!
GreenWeenie

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by GreenWeenie »

Over-achieving? ;)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1D3B3C29202C3B2D254E0 wrote: All aboard!

Leads the team in OBP right now. Sure looked like a bust that first couple of games, but tell me he hasn't been the second best player on the club since those initial gaffs in his first couple games?

Ka'ai is Hawaiian for Ty, except with the "hiccup" in the pronunciation

BC's first star reclamation project!

How about a nice Hawaiian Punch!!!

Sign me up.  He helped me win a car a few days ago, which I'm still waiting to receive by the way.
GreenWeenie

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by GreenWeenie »

Some guy named Surge keeps calling. Its extended protection warranty expired. :(

mouse

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by mouse »

I think Tom is a Rule 5 guy, picked up when his first team put him on waivers before returning him to his original team. Usually, we are wondering what a Rule 5 guy's chances are of sticking at the ML level. He seems to be contributing more than the minimum amount needed to stick. I'm impressed with his awareness of the strike zone. I'm convinced that can't be taught.
Bobster21

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by Bobster21 »

If his 382' fly ball had been hit at PNC it would have been an out instead of a HR. Nevertheless, it was an encouraging sign. I hope he continues to contribute.
Surgnbuck

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by Surgnbuck »

7E535E4F48594E0E0D3C0 wrote: If his 382' fly ball had been hit at PNC it would have been an out instead of a HR. Nevertheless, it was an encouraging sign. I hope he continues to contribute.
It was the only park in MLB that it would have went out, however...

There was a pretty stiff wind blowing against it. I'm certain conditions being neutral, I think it goes in most parks.

I'm just impressed how he didn't fall to pieces after such a comically bad start in San Diego
rucker59@gmail.com

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I suspect he sticks. The Pirates are the one team in MLB where he is an upgrade regardless of how he plays.

For example - Tom should occupy a spot before Polanco if a choice had to be made.
fjk090852-7

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Keep running him out, and see if he can put together a few games with multiple hits. No better time to find out if he is a player they want to retain.
Bobster21

Ka'ai Tom Fan Club

Post by Bobster21 »

I think if he had continue along the miserable start he had, he would have been waived soon. But he has a few hits now including that HR and made a nice catch a few days ago. I think he's earned a longer look.