Official Game Thread 7/24/2021 Bucs vs. Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

A win tonight or tomorrow, and the Bucs take the season series.

Pirates:

Frazier 2B

Hayes 3B

Reynolds CF

Polanco RF

Nogowski 1B

Gamel LF

Newman SS

Perez C

Crowe P 1-5 6.12 ERA

Giants:

Wade Jr. 1B

Yastrzemski RF

Posey C

Dickerson LF

Flores 2B

Vosler 3B

Estrada SS

Duggar CF

Gausman P 9-3 1.84 ERA

Let's Go Bucs!!!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Gausman’s having a terrific year. Our boys will probably kick his fanny tonight.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Crowe last pitched July17 against the Mets, drawing a no decision in the Pirates 9-7 victory, going 5.1 innings and allowing 4 earned runs. He faced the Giants in Pittsburgh on May 13, going 5 innings and surrendering all 3 runs and was tagged with the loss in the Pirates 3-1 defeat.

Gausman last pitched July 19 against the Dodgers, getting a no decision in San Francisco's 7-2 victory as he totaled 80 pitches in only 3 innings, giving up both runs. He faced the Pirates May 14 at PNC Park, getting a no decision after going 8 innings, allowing one run, and striking out 12 in the Pirates 3-2, 11 inning victory.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Just a slight difference in the batteries tonight, I'd say. ;)
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

1124333338013333383F33560 wrote: Just a slight difference in the batteries tonight, I'd say.  ;)
Slight, in that, night and day? :D
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

04222530393522343C570 wrote: Just a slight difference in the batteries tonight, I'd say.  ;)

I'll dust off this little ditty from the old days, because I know that you're in a nostalgic mood tonight:

One's cream. The other's a little less than cream. I'm being nice.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

4075626269506262696E62070 wrote: Just a slight difference in the batteries tonight, I'd say.  ;)

I'll dust off this little ditty from the old days, because I know that you're in a nostalgic mood tonight:

One's cream.  The other's a little less than cream.  I'm being nice.
Nostalgic mood? I think I saw them play the Syria Mosque once.

The only mood I'm in tonight is pure relaxation after making a nice dinner for me and Mister Man. I was up late last night due to snowball procrastination (I put off one thing, which made another thing late, which made another thing late, etc.) sewing patches on a uniform after being up from early in the AM and all through the day Friday. Then up and attem early today because we had a karate tournament an hour away. Long day, I stayed to watch my friends fight in the over 50 black belt division. Mister Man was crashed. He had three pretty tumultuous fights today. After 5 when we finally got home, made the aforementioned dinner.

I......am........bushed.

And, I always said you were a nice guy. Who knows? Maybe Perez and Crowe will be nice tonight.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

123433262F2334222A410 wrote: Just a slight difference in the batteries tonight, I'd say.  ;)

The only mood I'm in tonight is pure relaxation after making a nice dinner for me and Mister Man. I was up late last night due to snowball procrastination (I put off one thing, which made another thing late, which made another thing late, etc.) sewing patches on a uniform after being up from early in the AM and all through the day Friday. Then up and attem early today because we had a karate tournament an hour away. Long day, I stayed to watch my friends fight in the over 50 black belt division. Mister Man was crashed. He had three pretty tumultuous fights today. After 5 when we finally got home, made the aforementioned dinner.

I......am........bushed.

And, I always said you were a nice guy. Who knows? Maybe Perez and Crowe will be nice tonight.
Will Crowe make 5?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

744A4F47544C4C476742554611230 wrote: Just a slight difference in the batteries tonight, I'd say.  ;)

I......am........bushed.

Will Crowe make 5?
Polanco batting clean up. What else needs to be said?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5B6560687B636368486D7A693E0C0 wrote:

Polanco batting clean up. What else needs to be said?
Last ditch attempt to attract a trade partner. "Hey, look, Polanco is our cleanup hitter! And he's hitting a robust .204.