4+ Hours to Go

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

4+ Hours to Go

Post by MaineBucs »

Deadline is fast approaching.

1. When no one calls for Polanco's services, I am hoping that his Pirate career soon comes to a close.

2. BC now has a new challenge in making a trade. Is the position player able and willing to pitch. Last nights Nogo exhibition was particularly offensive to me.

3. Hoping that Rodriguez nets a decent return. Sad to see him just sitting in the pen waiting to be traded.

4. Regardless of what happens at the deadline, the Bucs should simply move on from Gonzalez and Tom when they are eligible to come off the IL.

5. Bucs may need to sign a cast-off pitcher or two just to finish the season.
fjk090852-7

4+ Hours to Go

Post by fjk090852-7 »

745850575C7B4C5A4A390 wrote: Deadline is fast approaching.

1.  When no one calls for Polanco's services, I am hoping that his Pirate career soon comes to a close.

2.  BC now has a new challenge in making a trade.  Is the position player able and willing to pitch.  Last nights Nogo exhibition was particularly offensive to me.

3.  Hoping that Rodriguez nets a decent return.  Sad to see him just sitting in the pen waiting to be traded.

4.  Regardless of what happens at the deadline, the Bucs should simply move on from Gonzalez and Tom when they are eligible to come off the IL.

5.  Bucs may need to sign a cast-off pitcher or two just to finish the season.
You make a lot of good points such as bringing a cast off pitcher in to finish the season. It does appear though that Brault is about ready to rejoin the club, and now Jason Mackey is reporting that Mitch Keller is on his way from Indy. I keep thinking that they might trade Newman today, but I doubt they would do that at this juncture.
DemDog

4+ Hours to Go

Post by DemDog »

6B67663D343D35383F203A0D0 wrote: Deadline is fast approaching.

1.  When no one calls for Polanco's services, I am hoping that his Pirate career soon comes to a close.

2.  BC now has a new challenge in making a trade.  Is the position player able and willing to pitch.  Last nights Nogo exhibition was particularly offensive to me.

3.  Hoping that Rodriguez nets a decent return.  Sad to see him just sitting in the pen waiting to be traded.

4.  Regardless of what happens at the deadline, the Bucs should simply move on from Gonzalez and Tom when they are eligible to come off the IL.

You make a lot of good points such as bringing a cast off pitcher in to finish the season. It does appear though that Brault is about ready to rejoin the club, and now Jason Mackey is reporting that Mitch Keller is on his way from Indy. I keep thinking that they might   trade Newman today, but I doubt they would do that at this juncture.

I really believe this is the last straw for Keller to prove he is an MLB pitcher. If he fails, do they turn him into a reliever?
Bobster21

4+ Hours to Go

Post by Bobster21 »

Keller's last 2 starts at Indy have been very poor. A total of 8 innings, 11 hits, 6 ERs, 11 total runs, 6 BBs, 2 HRs, 15 Ks. So it looks like the only reason he's returning now is because they are desperate for starting pitchers and he's on the 40 man roster so it doesn't requite a move to take anyone off it. This stint in AAA doesn't appear to have corrected his problems. But they need warm bodies.
fjk090852-7

4+ Hours to Go

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5D7C745D767E190 wrote: Deadline is fast approaching.

You make a lot of good points such as bringing a cast off pitcher in to finish the season. It does appear though that Brault is about ready to rejoin the club, and now Jason Mackey is reporting that Mitch Keller is on his way from Indy. I keep thinking that they might   trade Newman today, but I doubt they would do that at this juncture.

I really believe this is the last straw for Keller to prove he is an MLB pitcher.  If he fails, do they turn him into a reliever?
You are probably correct this could be his last chance as a starter. It would be a setback, but if he does not do well these final 2 months, they could move him this offseason. That would be a shame, because he was supposed to be an anchor to the staff.
Ecbucs

4+ Hours to Go

Post by Ecbucs »

is the thread about Ogle to Phillies gone?
Bobster21

4+ Hours to Go

Post by Bobster21 »

496F6E796F7F0C0 wrote: is the thread about Ogle to Phillies gone?
It's back. :)
Bobster21

4+ Hours to Go

Post by Bobster21 »

Cubs are cleaning house.
Surgnbuck

4+ Hours to Go

Post by Surgnbuck »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: Cubs are cleaning house.
So are the Nats
Surgnbuck

4+ Hours to Go

Post by Surgnbuck »

Watching Bryant break down with a team mate as he gets the call while he's in the dugout was really sad to see. He was the last man standing from the championship team.