2022 Scxhedule

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

2022 Scxhedule

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Most of you are probably are aware that next years schedule is out. Surg will probably renew his tickets. Boston and the Yankees are coming tp PNC
Surgnbuck

2022 Scxhedule

Post by Surgnbuck »

I saw the schedule, severely disappointed though. I might change my plan, I've been running the half season weekend plan. This is who the Bucs have on weekends at PNC:

The Loo

Nats

Padres

Reds

The Loo

Dbacks

Giants

Brewers

Marlins

Reds

Blue Jays

The Loo

Cubs

Okay, now I know you'll see the division opponents....but the Reds twice and The Loo THREE TIMES??????

Padres, Giants, Blue Jays are nice. I like seeing all the division opponents ONCE. Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox all weekday opponents. I love being able to see the Mets and Phillies, but alas, they're also weekday.

7 of the 13 weekends are division opponents, along with the Nats and Marlins. I'd put a Mister Yuck sticker on next season's schedule. For the Pirates though, it's better because the Dodgers, Yanks and Red Sox are weekdays, better crowds for days they normally draw around 10K.
johnfluharty

2022 Scxhedule

Post by johnfluharty »

Took me a minute to figure out who The Loo is, LOL...
DemDog

2022 Scxhedule

Post by DemDog »

3F3A3D3B3339203D3427212C550 wrote: Took me a minute to figure out who The Loo is, LOL...

I had to laugh at the word Loo. That is what the Brits call the bathroom. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Surgnbuck

2022 Scxhedule

Post by Surgnbuck »

25040C250E06610 wrote: Took me a minute to figure out who The Loo is, LOL...

I had to laugh at the word Loo.  That is what the Brits call the bathroom.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's why I call them that ;)
fjk090852-7

2022 Scxhedule

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.
Surgnbuck

2022 Scxhedule

Post by Surgnbuck »

434F4E151C151D10170812250 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.
I know a lot of it has to do with it being a Monday. The odd thing is, the Yankees are in Cleveland on Sunday the 3rd, so it's not like there's a whole lot of traveling to do for them. I just looked at the MLB schedule, those are the only two teams not playing on the 4th.
fjk090852-7

2022 Scxhedule

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5F797E6B626E796F670C0 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.
I know a lot of it has to do with it being a Monday. The odd thing is, the Yankees are in Cleveland on Sunday the 3rd, so it's not like there's a whole lot of traveling to do for them.  I just looked at the MLB schedule, those are the only two teams not playing on the 4th.
It would have been perfect to have the Yankees here for a three game series instead of two.
Surgnbuck

2022 Scxhedule

Post by Surgnbuck »

7F7372292029212C2B342E190 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.
I know a lot of it has to do with it being a Monday. The odd thing is, the Yankees are in Cleveland on Sunday the 3rd, so it's not like there's a whole lot of traveling to do for them.  I just looked at the MLB schedule, those are the only two teams not playing on the 4th.
It would have been perfect to have the Yankees here for a three game series instead of two.
I think they have some sort of rotation now, but I'd be clueless if I knew what it was, other than they play an entire division every year plus your "rival". I don't even know how they determine which teams play home and home like the Pirates and Yanks are doing, or which teams visit and which teams we visit. Too bad Tampa isn't coming here, it would be interesting to see if Meadows got any kind of cheers. The Pirates are probably very thankful about this one, because by the time the Rays are here again, Glasnow, Baz, and Meadows will have already been traded if they're still playing.
2drfischer@gmail.c

2022 Scxhedule

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7975742F262F272A2D32281F0 wrote: I noticed they are off July 4th. Years ago that was a double header day. In the middle of the baseball season they have an open date on a holiday. No Pirates baseball on July 4th is like not putting up the Christmas tree for Christmas.

That's awful that they're off on the 4th! Who's stupid idea is that?