Kela trade revisit.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Kela trade revisit.

Post by johnfluharty »

Not putting a ton of effort into this but Taylor Hearn has a 3.97 ERA with the Rangers and Shertan Apostel has made it to AAA, though he is hitting 209 so far in limited at bats
BenM

Kela trade revisit.

Post by BenM »

Kela probably had the talent to make that a positive trade for the Pirates, but he preferred being a clubhouse cancer.
fjk090852-7

Kela trade revisit.

Post by fjk090852-7 »

66414A69240 wrote: Kela probably had the talent to make that a positive trade for the Pirates, but he preferred being a clubhouse cancer.
I totally agree with you. If you remember he took the full 72 hours to report to the Pirates after the trade. That in itself, says he did not want to pitch for Pittsburgh.
Ecbucs

Kela trade revisit.

Post by Ecbucs »

5D51500B020B030E09160C3B0 wrote: Kela probably had the talent to make that a positive trade for the Pirates, but he preferred being a clubhouse cancer.
I totally agree with you. If you remember he took the full 72 hours to report to the Pirates after the trade. That in itself, says he did not want to pitch for Pittsburgh.

more good player research on part of Pirates front office. Hey let's trade for a club house cancer?
ChillinStation

Kela trade revisit.

Post by ChillinStation »

Kela was a bust, always hurt and disliked. Pretty sure he is hurt again this season but can`t remember team.

Hearn was up few years back with Rangers but blew out his arm. Guessing, some struggles to get back to health last few seasons.

Sure could use more young lefty arms.

DemDog

Kela trade revisit.

Post by DemDog »

I don't think the trade stroked Kela's ego either. He was the Ranger's closer and the Bucs wanted him to be a setup man for the "Nightmare". As a result, he just did not put any effort into being what the Bucs needed him for. He then got hurt and that led to not pitching either. He had TJ surgery this spring so he won't be back until 2022. I do think that calling him a cancer without any real knowledge of how he acted toward his teammates. Just another one of NH's unadvisable trades made to save his job.
ArnoldRothstein

Kela trade revisit.

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Just another one of NH's unadvisable trades made to save his job.

Truth? As of the Hurdle firing, Nutting said, "While we felt it was time to make a change at the managerial level, I strongly believe Neal Huntington and the leadership team that he has assembled are the right people to continue to lead our baseball operations department."
GreenWeenie

Kela trade revisit.

Post by GreenWeenie »

That's the absolute truth.  No trade Huntington ever made cost him his job.  BOB proved it right there. 

Salary cap.  Salary floor.  Nothing cures the Pirates ills when you have that type of organizational leadership.  Starts at the top.  Good underlings can minimize damage, but doesn't remove it entirely very often. 

Terrible owners who stay away....aren't so terrible.

A haphazard owner like BOB who says away is still haphazard.