9. Bryse Wilson (R) P
Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 8/25 - Bucs vs Dbacks

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Chavis, Tsutsugo, Polanco, and Alford all under the Mendoza line, but all have realistic scenarios that will put them over tonight.

How cool would that be to see happen? Not to mention, it would likely mean 9 hits combined!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I think the Pirates should complete this sweep, in honor of me sweeping out my old job and starting a new one.

I think I deserve it.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Looks like the excitement or stress of a win was too much for Brubaker. He goes on the 10 day IL so Wilson can come off the IL and start tonight's game. It would be great to see Wilson have a decent start and for the Bucs to sweep this series.

I also will comment that it is an ongoing disappointment with me to see Polanco receiving another start. I know that he was unclaimed on release waivers, but just because he is still on the active roster (I would prefer that the Pirates simply release him), doesn't mean that he needs to regularly start games.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

557971767D5A6D7B6B180 wrote: Looks like the excitement or stress of a win was too much for Brubaker.  He goes on the 10 day IL so Wilson can come off the IL and start tonight's game.   It would be great to see Wilson have a decent start and for the Bucs to sweep this series.

I also will comment that it is an ongoing disappointment with  me to see Polanco receiving another start.  I know that he was unclaimed on release waivers, but just because he is still on the active roster (I would prefer that the Pirates simply release him), doesn't mean that he needs to regularly start games.   

It’s contrarian to put him on waivers and then continue to start him. I would really like BC to truthfully explain why.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

297F697D726878737E695B7C767A727735781B0 wrote: Looks like the excitement or stress of a win was too much for Brubaker.  He goes on the 10 day IL so Wilson can come off the IL and start tonight's game.   It would be great to see Wilson have a decent start and for the Bucs to sweep this series.

I also will comment that it is an ongoing disappointment with  me to see Polanco receiving another start.  I know that he was unclaimed on release waivers, but just because he is still on the active roster (I would prefer that the Pirates simply release him), doesn't mean that he needs to regularly start games.   

It’s contrarian to put him on waivers and then continue to start him. I would really like BC to truthfully explain why.

I am just at a loss. Not even worth mentioning him any more.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2A7C6A7E716B7B707D6A587F75797174367B180 wrote: Looks like the excitement or stress of a win was too much for Brubaker.  He goes on the 10 day IL so Wilson can come off the IL and start tonight's game.   It would be great to see Wilson have a decent start and for the Bucs to sweep this series.

Actually, it's quite common to put players on waivers to see if anyone is interested. It happens all the time in MLB and it isn't publicized and we usually don't know who is on waivers and who isn't so players continue to start. The Pirates didn't want that info released because teams never want the awkwardness of having their players knowing they had been on waivers.

But someone in the media got hold of the news and reported it as if it was big news. But since it was a very routine procedure it could only have been big news if it meant the Pirates were cutting ties with Polanco and many news outlets reported it that way. Because otherwise it wasn't even worth reporting. So most of us who saw the story believed it was more than just the routine process of putting someone on waivers to see if anyone is interested. But in reality it was just a case of a reporter blowing a routine procedure out of proportion to "break a big story" where none existed.

So as far as Polanco continuing to start, the Pirates are just doing what they planned on doing regardless of a reporter blowing something out of proportion that served no purpose to report anyway. We can debate whether Polanco should start but if that's the Pirates' decision, they aren't going to change it because of a reporter. Polanco is probably not the only one who was on waivers at one time or another this season but continued to play when unclaimed. Those things are rarely reported.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7A575A4B4C5D4A0A09380 wrote: Looks like the excitement or stress of a win was too much for Brubaker.  He goes on the 10 day IL so Wilson can come off the IL and start tonight's game.   It would be great to see Wilson have a decent start and for the Bucs to sweep this series.

Actually, it's quite common to put players on waivers to see if anyone is interested. It happens all the time in MLB and it isn't publicized and we usually don't know who is on waivers and who isn't so players continue to start. The Pirates didn't want that info released because teams never want the awkwardness of having their players knowing they had been on waivers.

But someone in the media got hold of the news and reported it as if it was big news. But since it was a very routine procedure it could only have been big news if it meant the Pirates were cutting ties with Polanco and many news outlets reported it that way. Because otherwise it wasn't even worth reporting. So most of us who saw the story believed it was more than just the routine process of putting someone on waivers to see if anyone is interested. But in reality it was just a case of a reporter blowing a routine procedure out of proportion to "break a big story" where none existed.

So as far as Polanco continuing to start, the Pirates are just doing what they planned on doing regardless of a reporter blowing something out of proportion that served no purpose to report anyway. We can debate whether Polanco should start but if that's the Pirates' decision, they aren't going to change it because of a reporter. Polanco is probably not the only one who was on waivers at one time or another this season but continued to play when unclaimed. Those things are rarely reported. 
I just realized that Stallings is starting his third game in a row. Somewhat unusual
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1244524649534348455260474D41494C0E43200 wrote: Looks like the excitement or stress of a win was too much for Brubaker.  He goes on the 10 day IL so Wilson can come off the IL and start tonight's game.   It would be great to see Wilson have a decent start and for the Bucs to sweep this series.

I think the contrarian part is that it became public that he was on waivers. I wonder if he will just be released when rosters expand. 

Also, I just saw this on Facebook and I imagine some of you are in that group too, but it is hilarious.

sorry, I don't know why photo didn't paste. I put it in another group without problem.