Polanco Designated For Assignment

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I just received a breaking news alert that the Bucs have designated Polanco for assignment. Tucker has been recalled.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

That'll teach him to have a 3-hit game! Benched and then DFA'd.

In his last 4 games he's 6 for 11 with 3 doubles. So this looks like a last ditch effort to give teams that wouldn't trade for him and wouldn't take him on waivers (and inherit his salary) one last chance to pick him up while he would still be eligible for a post season roster (prior to Sept 1). A team would only have to pay him the MLB minimum, prorated for what's left of the season with the Pirates paying the difference. It won't save the Pirates much money but I guess they would welcome any savings at this point.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

The only problem I see is where will Tucker play? IF or OF?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I feel like this is a "Boy Cried Wolf" situation after what happened last week. Is this for real? Is he really gone or will he be showing up in the starting line-up again tonight?
Javy

Post by Javy »

Hopefully, some contender will take a chance on him, and he'll perform well for them. Given what's been written about him being such a good person and teammate, it would be only fitting that he get an opportunity.

but, why the heck would they recall Tucker??
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4B6A624B60680F0 wrote: The only problem I see is where will Tucker play?  IF or OF?

If the past is any indication, he'll hardly see the field, which is okay by me. He's yet to show he can play in the major leagues.
shedman

Post by shedman »

Polanco for Tucker??? Now that makes a lot of sense.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

3B202D2C252926480 wrote: Polanco for Tucker??? Now that makes a lot of sense.
They are giving Tucker a final chance. If he doesn’t produce much in this final month I expect he will be released after the season. They are trying to see what players fit into the future plans.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

69727F7E777B741A0 wrote: Polanco for Tucker??? Now that makes a lot of sense.
In Tucker's last 13 games at Indy he's gone 6 for 44 (.136). For the season he's at .223 for Indy. I can't think of any rational reason to recall him other than this is probably his one last chance to not suck before they DFA him in the off season if not sooner.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

173A37262130276764550 wrote: That'll teach him to have a 3-hit game! Benched and then DFA'd.

In his last 4 games he's 6 for 11 with 3 doubles. So this looks like a last ditch effort to give teams that wouldn't trade for him and wouldn't take him on waivers (and inherit his salary) one last chance to pick him up while he would still be eligible for a post season roster (prior to Sept 1). A team would only have to pay him the MLB minimum, prorated for what's left of the season with the Pirates paying the difference. It won't save the Pirates much money but I guess they would welcome any savings at this point.
makes sense