We Get to See Contreas

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

We Get to See Contreas

Post by MaineBucs »

From MLB Trade Rumors Site. I don't recall this happening in the NH years, but I could be wrong. Nice shout-out to a young pitcher who has performed well this year when healthy.

Pirates To Promote Roansy Contreras

By Mark Polishuk | September 28, 2021 at 2:04pm CDT

The Pirates will call up right-handed pitching prospect Roansy Contreras tomorrow, Z101 Digital’s Hector Gomez reports (via Twitter). The 21-year-old Contreras will make his big league debut when Pittsburgh faces the Cubs.

Acquired from the Yankees as part of the Jameson Taillon trade package last winter, Contreras has pitched only 58 innings in his first season in the Pirates organization due to a forearm strain. He missed all of July and August recuperating, and has since pitched in four games. Just one of those games was at the Triple-A level, so Contreras is heading to the majors with only 3 2/3 innings under his belt at the highest rung of the minor league ladder.

More to come…
Ecbucs

We Get to See Contreas

Post by Ecbucs »

674B43444F685F49592A0 wrote: From MLB Trade Rumors Site.  I don't recall this happening in the NH years, but I could be wrong.  Nice shout-out to a young pitcher who has performed well this year when healthy.

Pirates To Promote Roansy Contreras

By Mark Polishuk | September 28, 2021 at 2:04pm CDT

The Pirates will call up right-handed pitching prospect Roansy Contreras tomorrow, Z101 Digital’s Hector Gomez reports (via Twitter).  The 21-year-old Contreras will make his big league debut when Pittsburgh faces the Cubs.

Acquired from the Yankees as part of the Jameson Taillon trade package last winter, Contreras has pitched only 58 innings in his first season in the Pirates organization due to a forearm strain.  He missed all of July and August recuperating, and has since pitched in four games.  Just one of those games was at the Triple-A level, so Contreras is heading to the majors with only 3 2/3 innings under his belt at the highest rung of the minor league ladder.

More to come…
Cubs seem like a good team to go against in your first game. Glad to see him get a shot.