Bucs to call up Cruz for final two games.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I hope to heck he plays.  But with Shelton, one never knows.  He might rest Cruz tonight because of the long flight  ::) to get to Pittsburgh or, if he does play tonight, Shelton will rest him on Sunday because we know how taxing it can be to play one game in a row.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1B4D5B4F405A4A414C5B694E44484045074A290 wrote: I hope to heck he plays.  But with Shelton, one never knows.  He might rest Cruz tonight because of the long flight  ::) to get to Pittsburgh or, if he does play tonight, Shelton will rest him on Sunday because we know how taxing it can be to play one game in a row.
Hopefully, since it is Cherington's decision to call up Cruz he will instruct Shelton to play him. But I'll believe it when I see it. The possibility exists that it's merely a reward for a fine minor league season by having him experience MLB atmosphere for 2 days and maybe get in a game at some point. But I hope he starts both games.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

456865747362753536070 wrote: I hope to heck he plays.  But with Shelton, one never knows.  He might rest Cruz tonight because of the long flight  ::) to get to Pittsburgh or, if he does play tonight, Shelton will rest him on Sunday because we know how taxing it can be to play one game in a row.
Hopefully, since it is Cherington's decision to call up Cruz he will instruct Shelton to play him. But I'll believe it when I see it. The possibility exists that it's merely a reward for a fine minor league season by having him experience MLB atmosphere for 2 days and maybe get in a game at some point. But I hope he starts both games.

Cruz will probably play in place of Tucker tonight because, you know, Tucker had a good game last night.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0F594F5B544E5E55584F7D5A505C5451135E3D0 wrote: I hope to heck he plays.  But with Shelton, one never knows.  He might rest Cruz tonight because of the long flight  ::) to get to Pittsburgh or, if he does play tonight, Shelton will rest him on Sunday because we know how taxing it can be to play one game in a row.

Cruz will probably play in place of Tucker tonight because, you know, Tucker had a good game last night.
Gooid point! Tucker earned a day off. ;D
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would be shocked if Cruz doesn’t start tonight. He is getting a lot of media attention, and there could be a few fans who were not planning on going to tonight’s game who may attend due to his debut. I hope he does well in these final 2 games of 2021.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

474B4A1118111914130C16210 wrote: I would be shocked if Cruz doesn’t start tonight. He is getting a lot of media attention, and there could be a few fans who were not planning on going to tonight’s game who may attend due to his debut. I hope he does well in these final 2 games of 2021.

I definitely expect him to start.

More importantly for me, this past few days is the first taste of what’s coming very soon. Gonna be a whirled of talent over the next 12 months.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6C6B7D757B6C2B275E79737F7772307D71731E0 wrote: I would be shocked if Cruz doesn’t start tonight. He is getting a lot of media attention, and there could be a few fans who were not planning on going to tonight’s game who may attend due to his debut. I hope he does well in these final 2 games of 2021.

I definitely expect him to start.

More importantly for me, this past few days is the first taste of what’s coming very soon.  Gonna be a whirled of talent over the next 12 months. 
Yes, most of the minor league talent this year was in A and AA. So needs at the MLB level were usually filled via waivers and most of those acquisitions probably won't be back next year or at least not for long. AAA should be well stocked next year with the best of Altoona's team this year and Altoona next year will have the best of Greensboro this year. And they weren't afraid to dip down to AA to recall Castro this year. So I expect some dumpster diving early in the season next year but by midseason we may begin to see needs at the MLB level filled by prospects who fit into the team's future.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

277167737C66767D7067557278747C793B76150 wrote:

Lost in the wake of Tucker's game last night, were Alford and Newman both going 3-4, and Park and Perez both going 1-3 with a walk and run scored, and Park had an RBI.

Can't rest them all!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I'm looking at their roster, and I wonder who is going to be replaced. Has to be a pitcher, unless someone got injured.

My guess is they option Crowe back to Indianapolis, I'm certain he has options