What could have been

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

What could have been

Post by JollyRoger »

Cole, Morton, Glasnow, Baz

That’s a pretty dominant rotation

If only we had an owner that would spend and a worthy Player Development Staff.
fjk090852-7

What could have been

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Even without Nutting as owner I doubt Pittsburgh could have kept Cole with the contract he got from the Yankees. Morton just found new life when he joined Houston. Even the Phils gave up on him. Baz and Glasnow would sure have looked good in the Bucs rotation if they never had made the Archer trade.
GreenWeenie

What could have been

Post by GreenWeenie »

Fjk= right as three rabbits, though we're not allowed to write about a certain someone's spending habits.

Scratch Cole. Replace with Mustgrove.
GreenWeenie

What could have been

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'll take a certain liberty, and hope to convey one of Ster's points correctly:

Proves the Value Of Timing.

We HAD these guys and more.

Just not simultaneously. Having parts is not owning the Ferarri.
Bobster21

What could have been

Post by Bobster21 »

2A26277C757C74797E617B4C0 wrote: Even without Nutting as owner I doubt Pittsburgh could have kept Cole with the contract he got from the Yankees. Morton just found new life when he joined Houston. Even the Phils gave up on him. Baz and Glasnow would sure have looked good in the Bucs rotation if they never  had made the Archer trade.
And like Morton, Cole also found another gear with Houston.
WildwoodDave2

What could have been

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

466B66777061763635040 wrote: Even without Nutting as owner I doubt Pittsburgh could have kept Cole with the contract he got from the Yankees. Morton just found new life when he joined Houston. Even the Phils gave up on him. Baz and Glasnow would sure have looked good in the Bucs rotation if they never  had made the Archer trade.
And like Morton, Cole also found another gear with Houston.
I have always wondered if it's because they are getting better instruction or because they are on a better team.On a much better team a pitcher doesn't have to feel he has to throw a shutout every time and can be pitch more relaxed. I remember when Cole was in Pgh, the slightest little thing would set him off
Surgnbuck

What could have been

Post by Surgnbuck »

794C5B5B50695B5B50575B3E0 wrote: I'll take a certain liberty, and hope to convey one of Ster's points correctly:

Proves the Value Of Timing.

We HAD these guys and more.

Just not simultaneously.  Having parts is not owning the Ferarri.
You mean, one piece at a time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18cW_yHo3PY
GreenWeenie

What could have been

Post by GreenWeenie »

Good one!  The Man In Black.

Sad thing is- that says 1976.

We've been making OUR jalopy since four years before THAT.  Grrrrr. >:( >:( >:( >:( >: >:( >:(
DemDog

What could have been

Post by DemDog »

Mrs. Possum would love that post. You see her favorite singer is "The Man In Black"! When I am up early in the morning and she is sleeping in I often wake her with a song from Johnny Cash and she comes a running to give me a big hug & a smooch! :D :D
Surgnbuck

What could have been

Post by Surgnbuck »

24050D240F07600 wrote: Mrs. Possum would love that post.  You see her favorite singer is "The Man In Black"!  When I am up early in the morning and she is sleeping in I often wake her with a song from Johnny Cash and she comes a running to give me a big hug & a smooch!   :D :D
Don't play Cocaine Blues to her though :-X :-X :-X :-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq344ks1ieg