Phils Decline McCutchen Option

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Phils have declined McCutchen’s option. I wonder if the price was right if the Bucs would consider bringing him back home.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6965643F363F373A3D22380F0 wrote: The Phils have declined McCutchen’s option. I wonder if the price was right if the Bucs would consider bringing him back home.
you will have to ask Green Weenie[ that question
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

444849121B121A17100F15220 wrote: The Phils have declined McCutchen’s option. I wonder if the price was right if the Bucs would consider bringing him back home.

I’d be okay with him coming here as a bench bat/4th or 5th outfielder, but not as a starter.  A veteran with a successful past is a nice piece to have in reserve.  Young players could learn a lot from him as they get the opportunity to start in both left and right fields.  Youth is the future.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

It would make too much sense for the Pirates to bring back Cutch. Not that he would take any playing time away from anyone since we lack talent out there.

I don't expect any positive reinforcements coming to us in the offseason. I see we claimed a garbage bullpen arm today.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Cutch could start for sure . Reynolds then who else plays OF ? But it would have to be on cheap like $5m . Cutch seems to have lost his batting avg. but decent power and walks still. He would not be blocking anyone at the start of season , hopefully the young guys will step up later.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

We don't need sentimentality. Just like people talking about last season and Neil Walker.

Let it go people. Cutch just added another member to his family.

Would not surprise me to see him announce his retirement.

And don't give me that horse apple about "fans". Cutch could play every day, every inning of every game, and the "fans" still won't show up. I don't think the Pirates GAFF how they are brutally trolled on their official social media sites. Signing Cutch would only tone that down some. It won't help their bottom line one bit though.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

142A2F27342C2C270722352671430 wrote: The Phils have declined McCutchen’s option. I wonder if the price was right if the Bucs would consider bringing him back home.
you will have to ask Green Weenie[ that question

The topic's in The Departed thread. We gonna put every player whose option's declined in its own?