WS - Braves vs Astros

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by DemDog »

Here it is guys, the last action of the 2021 season. Use this thread to yap away about the games.
WildwoodDave2

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5A7B735A71791E0 wrote: Here it is guys, the last action of the 2021 season.  Use this thread to yap away about the games.
Like a lot of people, I will be pulling for the Braves
GreenWeenie

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by GreenWeenie »

Sid Bream alone makes me want the Stros to win. Which means- the Braves will. ;) Scroo the Braves.

Cheaters over Chokers.
Surgnbuck

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by Surgnbuck »

Braves. Anyone who isn't over Sid by now needs therapy. Unless you have money on the Astros, you shouldn't be rooting for them for one extremely important reason: I have money on the Braves, the lone survivor of my futures bets, and if they win I get 190 dollars back!

Besides, the Astros are AL. The only people who root for the Astros are the same people who rooted for the shark in Jaws. That's how evil those kinds of people are.
GreenWeenie

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by GreenWeenie »

You know something else about evil people?

They welch on the bets that they lose. ;)
Surgnbuck

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by Surgnbuck »

447166666D5466666D6A66030 wrote: You know something else about evil people?

They welch on the bets that they lose.  ;)
I haven't welched. I don't recall you setting a time limit. In fact, I was looking at the Pirates schedule for next season, and they are in Philly at the end of August. I'm hoping that's doable. It will be just before his birthday and school starting, and a trip to do some of the historical touring would be kind of cool.

I'll keep you in the loop on it. I'm at a new job, and vacations work kind of funny for the FNG. But I'm anticipating that will be a nice trip.

Ecbucs

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by Ecbucs »

I almost always root for NL so I am rooting for the Braves. Freddie Freeman is my favorite Brave.
GreenWeenie

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by GreenWeenie »

507671646D61766068030 wrote: You know something else about evil people?

They welch on the bets that they lose.  ;)
I haven't welched. I don't recall you setting a time limit. In fact, I was looking at the Pirates schedule for next season, and they are in Philly at the end of August. I'm hoping that's doable. It will be just before his birthday and school starting, and a trip to do some of the historical touring would be kind of cool.

I'll keep you in the loop on it. I'm at a new job, and vacations work kind of funny for the FNG. But I'm anticipating that will be a nice trip.

You know that I wuz only busting some baseballs, don't you? Hence, the smile.

So, I'm evil. There are things that I don't like about both these teams. I like the Braves less.

I see them fairly even. I hope it's well-played.

Might come down to the announcers. ;))
2drfischer@gmail.c

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

While I'm impressed by the Astros success over the recent past, I'm hoping for a Braves win. I thought when they lost Acuna for the season, they wouldn't even reach the playoffs. They deserve a lot of credit for overcoming such a major loss.
WildwoodDave2

WS - Braves vs Astros

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

792F392D223828232E390B2C262A222765284B0 wrote: While I'm impressed by the Astros success over the recent past, I'm hoping for a Braves win.  I thought when they lost Acuna for the season, they wouldn't even reach the playoffs.  They deserve a lot of credit for overcoming such a major loss.
Looking for a hard fought well played series- I think most people outside of Texas are pulling for the Braves. Remember, Houston cheats :D

Charlie Morton gets the start against his former team