AAA Baseball To Expand Season

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It was announced today that the AAA season will now play 150 games instead of 144. Their season will now end on September 28th. Only players on teams 40 man rosters will be unable to play for AAA teams if the MLB lockout would continue into April etc. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen!
mouse

Post by mouse »

I wonder if these games will get broadcast if the season is delayed, as a way around the "replacement players" issue and to add pressure to the players.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

4042585E482D0 wrote: I wonder if these games will get broadcast if the season is delayed, as a way around the "replacement players" issue and to add pressure to the players.

Very interesting thought about AAA broadcasting the games if there is a delay in the MLB season. I remember during the 1981 strike Ted Turner's superstation telecast Richmond Braves games every night. I sat in front of my tv and actually kept score of a lot of the games.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I wish they would. I enjoy minor league ball and it would be a wonderful chance to see some of the prospects in action.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

37352F293F5A0 wrote: I wish they would. I enjoy minor league ball and it would be a wonderful chance to see some of the prospects in action.
My thoughts exactly. Now that MLB has asked fora Federal Mediator, I don't see a settlement any time soon
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

12333B123931560 wrote: I wonder if these games will get broadcast if the season is delayed, as a way around the "replacement players" issue and to add pressure to the players.

Very interesting thought about AAA broadcasting the games if there is a delay in the MLB season.  I remember during the 1981 strike Ted Turner's superstation telecast Richmond Braves games every night.  I sat in front of my tv and actually kept score of a lot of the games.

The Orioles radio network broadcast their AAA Rochester games that year. Cal Ripken was with Rochester.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

4D73767E6D75757E5E7B6C7F281A0 wrote: I wish they would. I enjoy minor league ball and it would be a wonderful chance to see some of the prospects in action.
My thoughts exactly. [highlight]Now that MLB has asked fora Federal Mediator,[/highlight] I don't see a settlement any time soon

I don't know what impact the mediator will have but, what I'd like to see is the CBA be settled in the same way the arbitration process works: both sides submit their best offer and then an independent arbiter chooses what he/she feels is the best one.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1E485E4A455F4F44495E6C4B414D4540024F2C0 wrote: I wish they would. I enjoy minor league ball and it would be a wonderful chance to see some of the prospects in action.
My thoughts exactly. [highlight]Now that MLB has asked fora Federal Mediator,[/highlight] I don't see a settlement any time soon

I don't know what impact the mediator will have but, what I'd like to see is the CBA be settled in the same way the arbitration process works:  both sides submit their best offer and then an independent arbiter chooses what he/she feels is the best one.
Good idea I like that. Right now I don’t think we are going to see MLB for sometime. It seems like the sides are oceans apart.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5D51500B020B030E09160C3B0 wrote: I wish they would. I enjoy minor league ball and it would be a wonderful chance to see some of the prospects in action.

I don't know what impact the mediator will have but, what I'd like to see is the CBA be settled in the same way the arbitration process works:  both sides submit their best offer and then an independent arbiter chooses what he/she feels is the best one.
Good idea I like that. Right now I don’t think we are going to see MLB for sometime. It seems like the sides are oceans apart.

It doesn’t have to be this way. Both parties probably already know where the contract will end up anyway.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

3D3F252335500 wrote: I wonder if these games will get broadcast if the season is delayed, as a way around the "replacement players" issue and to add pressure to the players.

I wonder if members of the broadcast union (camera people, etc.) would want to get involved in another union's labor dispute, especially when it was the members being locked out by management. That's not something that I'd want to put myself in the middle of. I hope the ratings would justify it.