GDT 3/24/22 Phillies vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Game cancelled after 5 innings.

Yoshi goes yard, Greg Allen hits his 2nd HR of the spring to spark the offense.

Newman and Tucker battling for a spot on the roster. Sorry Newman, too little too late. I'll take Tucker right now, better defensively, and has shown more pop.

Reynolds seems in regular season form. Hayes quietly having a nice ST.

Alford now 0-10 with 7 strikeouts...not looking good for him to make the team. OF right now has to be Reynolds, Gamel, Allen, and probably Tucker.

On the pitching side, I didn't get to watch any of the game, but Keller 3IP, 0 hits, 1 walk, 2 K's in a very efficient 43 pitch effort. No Harper or Castellanos to face, but have to be impressed.

Roansy Contreras touched up for 2 HR's.

It's looking more and more like the regular starting position players are a much better group then the abomination 9 that we saw last season, especially after Hayes was injured.

The bench is going to be interesting simply because I know they want to not have guys there getting few AB's, but I really don't want to see the likes of Oliva, who IMHO is much like Newman, it's time to move on from them. They both have some ability, but let them be the 26th man for some other club.

IDK how many pitchers they will keep, report is rosters will be 28 players for April due to the shortened ST. There will be no limit to the number of pitchers during this roster expansion. I would be surprised if it's less than 15.

Reports are double headers will be 9 inning affairs again, for 2022 only extra innings will once again have runners on second to start the inning. Pitchers who are hitting in the order can remain as the DH if they are replaced by a relief pitcher, aptly names "The Ohtani Rule".
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

What's this about Pirates/Phils? ;D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

1F2A3D3D360F3D3D36313D580 wrote: What's this about Pirates/Phils? ;D
::)
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates are tied with the Yankees for most HR's in ST, they are 7th in BA, 8th in OBP, 3rd in SLG, 4th in OPS, 13th in runs.

Pitching they are 23rd in ERA, 23rd in SO, 17th in WHIP, 12th in BB, 15th in hits, 15th in runs, and 5th in HR allowed.