Game Thread - 5/30 - Bucs @ Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

It used to aggravate me to no end when there would be one bad team that would give the Pirates fits in the days when the Bucs were contenders, beating them more than they should. Maybe our lowly Bucs are that team for the Dodgers this year. Wouldn't it be fun if LA had to settle for a Wild Card game, and they lost it, because the Pirates beat them in these games?
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

Just a couple of things ...

Surgnbuck - thanks so much for your play-by-play. It really filled in some gaps for me. Being closer to the West Coast, I was watching until Taylor dumped that blooper into right-center and the Dodgers took the lead. I groaned, turned the game off, and slept.

Imagine my surprise (and disappointment in myself) when I checked the final this morning.

I'm always interested in how we play against different divisions. For example, despite being awful last year we were 17-17 against the East and one of the better NL teams against the AL at 10-10. Why? Who knows.

This year we have actually played against West teams really well at 7-6. Despite going 1-2 in SD, we actually played them really tough. However, the one thing you can seem to take the bank over the last several years is we suck in our own division: 23-53 last year and currently 9-19 this year.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6D4C446D464E290 wrote: Hey Surg, you came through for me and brought home a big win.   :) :) :) :)
I'm feeling kind of down under right now, so I might have to kangaroo into a pouch of blankets. Can't say for sure my involvement on the last game of May.

FWIW, the Pirates finished with a 20-33 record at the end of May last season. Would be nice to surpass that win total in fewer games played.