Offseason Outlook: Pittsburgh Pirates (MLBTR)

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

510711050A10000B061123040E020A0F4D00630 wrote: A neutral arbitrator has reinstated Trevor Bauer by capping his suspension at 194 games.  The Dodgers have 14 days to decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster.  He's under contract for 2023 for $32 million.  Will they have him back, try to trade him, or simply release him?  Would another organization want him?
Well, the Cleveland Browns took back Deshaun Watson and he did a lot worse

[highlight]I don't know who Watson is or what he did.[/highlight]  But if he behaved worse than Bauer, it's hard for me to understand why any organization, regardless of their business, would want someone like him representing them.

Geez Doc, get your head out of the sand and Google Watson. He most certainly was worse than Bauer.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Now that Bauer has been cleared, and is and never was guilty of anything, I think time will be on his side.

His personal life details get splashed all over the news, stuff none of us never should know about or even judge him on. He's the one that's been victimized.

I know it's not a popular decision, but his bedroom tastes don't make him a bad man if it's with willing partners, which was the case all along. Now he's a bad guy?

Time to turn the soap opera of it all off. If he became available at league minimum, which he would be if he was DFA and no one claimed him off of waivers, I'm all for it. I'll wear a freaking gimp mask with his number on it if he'll come to Pittsburgh and be a legit ace.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

45646C456E66010 wrote: A neutral arbitrator has reinstated Trevor Bauer by capping his suspension at 194 games.  The Dodgers have 14 days to decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster.  He's under contract for 2023 for $32 million.  Will they have him back, try to trade him, or simply release him?  Would another organization want him?

[highlight]I don't know who Watson is or what he did.[/highlight]  But if he behaved worse than Bauer, it's hard for me to understand why any organization, regardless of their business, would want someone like him representing them.

Geez Doc, get your head out of the sand and Google Watson.  He most certainly was worse than Bauer. 

I respectfully decline, Possum. I have zero interest in anything related to the NFL or its players.
2drfischer@gmail.c

0F292E3B323E293F375C0 wrote: Now that Bauer has been cleared, and is and never was guilty of anything, I think time will be on his side.

His personal life details get splashed all over the news, stuff none of us never should know about or even judge him on. He's the one that's been victimized.

I know it's not a popular decision, but his bedroom tastes don't make him a bad man if it's with willing partners, which was the case all along. Now he's a bad guy?

Time to turn the soap opera of it all off. If he became available at league minimum, which he would be if he was DFA and no one claimed him off of waivers, I'm all for it. I'll wear a freaking gimp mask with his number on it if he'll come to Pittsburgh and be a legit ace.

Legally, you’re correct.  He’s not been charged with a crime in a court of law, but this is going to be a classic example of him being judged in the court of public opinion.  People will forever associate him with the things he’s been accused of and will be hard-pressed to ever forget. 

I know that doesn’t make it right, but Javy was correct when he said it’ll be a PR nightmare when a team signs him.  I think that would especially be true here in Pittsburgh where fans are eager to rip anything the Pirates do that’s perceived as a transgression.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

085E485C534959525F487A5D575B535614593A0 wrote: A neutral arbitrator has reinstated Trevor Bauer by capping his suspension at 194 games.  The Dodgers have 14 days to decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster.  He's under contract for 2023 for $32 million.  Will they have him back, try to trade him, or simply release him?  Would another organization want him?

Geez Doc, get your head out of the sand and Google Watson.  He most certainly was worse than Bauer. 

I respectfully decline, Possum.  I have zero interest in anything related to the NFL or its players. 

I respectfully apologize for my lack of respect for your zero interest in anything related to the NFL.

2drfischer@gmail.c

44656D446F67000 wrote: A neutral arbitrator has reinstated Trevor Bauer by capping his suspension at 194 games.  The Dodgers have 14 days to decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster.  He's under contract for 2023 for $32 million.  Will they have him back, try to trade him, or simply release him?  Would another organization want him?

I respectfully decline, Possum.  I have zero interest in anything related to the NFL or its players. 

I respectfully apologize for my lack of respect for your zero interest in anything related to the NFL. 

Easy for you to say.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

712731252A30202B263103242E222A2F6D20430 wrote: A neutral arbitrator has reinstated Trevor Bauer by capping his suspension at 194 games.  The Dodgers have 14 days to decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster.  He's under contract for 2023 for $32 million.  Will they have him back, try to trade him, or simply release him?  Would another organization want him?

Easy for you to say.

Yes it is because I am "King of OBN" :D :D :D :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

46676F466D65020 wrote: A neutral arbitrator has reinstated Trevor Bauer by capping his suspension at 194 games.  The Dodgers have 14 days to decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster.  He's under contract for 2023 for $32 million.  Will they have him back, try to trade him, or simply release him?  Would another organization want him?

Easy for you to say.

Yes it is because I am "King of OBN"   :D :D :D :D

Yes, my liege.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

597F786D64687F69610A0 wrote: Now that Bauer has been cleared, and is and never was guilty of anything, I think time will be on his side.

I'd have Bauer in a Pirates uniform by the end of the day if I was in the position to do so.

If nothing else, people would flock to PNC to see him, to boo him, to report on him.  The Pirates would be interesting and one less hodgepodge.

And, we would lose fewer than 100 games in the process.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

114751454A50404B465163444E424A4F0D40230 wrote: A neutral arbitrator has reinstated Trevor Bauer by capping his suspension at 194 games.  The Dodgers have 14 days to decide whether or not to add him to their 40-man roster.  He's under contract for 2023 for $32 million.  Will they have him back, try to trade him, or simply release him?  Would another organization want him?

Easy for you to say.

Yes it is because I am "King of OBN"   :D :D :D :D

Yes, my liege.

Here is rare footage of Possum on his way to the keyboard.