Re: Post Season Thread

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Braves will win next 2
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:30 pm Braves will win next 2
You are my new best friend ;)

Hope you are right but I'm thinking the baseball Gods hate teams that win 100+ during season. Last year none made it and Braves are last shot this season.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Phillies finish off the Braves.

Here are the second round totals, followed by combined total:
Surgnbuck: 2-2/3-5
Doc: 3-1/4-4
Javy: 3-1/6-2
Possum: no picks/1-3
Champs: 3-1/4-4
Wizard: 2-2/3-5
Bobster: 1-3/2-6
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

So on to the League Championship Series. This round is best of seven. Last year's World Series finalists make the final four again. Who you got? Finally, the series will play out as they should, with no scheduled off days when playing at the same site.

Arizona vs. Philadelphia: Taking and pulling for the Diamondbacks. As a 6th seed, they actually will be able to set their rotation exactly how they want, without anyone having to pitch on short rest. At the very least, I hope they make a series out of it, because in the beginning I suspect the broadcasts of the first couple of games will feature a lot of Phillie ballwashing. They are without a doubt the most under the radar team since the beginning of the playoffs, along with the quickly dispatched Marlins.

Texas vs. Houston: The series I thought would be the premier feature, isn't exactly so. They will play a night game 1, then have to play a late afternoon game 2, taking a back seat to the AZ/Phil game 1 (see my comment about Phillies ballwashing). Hardly seems fair, especially as I see there being a much higher interest in this series, but obviously I'm wrong on that. They do get the late game with game 4, but that's because it could possibly be a clinching game versus the AZ/Phil game 3. Lo and behold, if there isn't a clincher, they once again are forced to going from a night game to a late afternoon game for game 5.

That being said, I'm picking Texas. I don't think Houston is going to benefit from another team going 1 for a gazillion with RISP this time around.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Rangers over Astros in 6 games (Go Rangers)

phillies over D-Backs in 5 games (Go D-Backs)

Moral of last two Post Seasons, don't win 100 games it's useless.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:36 am
Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:38 am Another disappointing post season for the Dodgers.
So much for the Dodgers massive payroll!
Words Bob Nutting will chant to himself every night from now until March while falling asleep.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Phillies over the DBacks in 6
Rangers over the Astros in 6 all because the Rangers have Hedges in the shadows. :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Two tough series to pick because the teams not expected to have reached this point have played perfect baseball so far, and it's hard to tell when their bubble will burst. But baseball, being the humbling sport it is, waits quietly with its pin, ready to prick.

Philadelphia over Arizona (but I'm pulling for the D'Backs) because the Phillies seem to be on a mission.
Houston over Texas (but I'm pulling especially hard for the Astros to lose) because they're really good from top to bottom and their experience in the postseason is second to none.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

For the second year in a row the mighty Braves CHOKE!
Rangers over Houston in 7- Hedges magic continues
Arizona over the Phillies 7- I can only hope
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Phillies, Rangers. Considering I'm 2-6, they should pay me not to pick them.
There's no basement in the Alamo.