Post Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Re: Post Season Thread

Post by Possum »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:48 pm Forget about it. Unless the Rangers Catcher is on his death bed, Hedges will be kept under wraps
Just put some ether on a towel when the starter is in the dugout and then do the same for the backup. That will leave Hedges available to hit the game-winning HR. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

The Phillies are up 7-1 in the bottom of the 5th. These playoffs have been crazy.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Philadelphia shakes off the bad loss from Tuesday with a rout of Atlanta today, 10-2. They lead the series two games to one and can close it out at home tomorrow night.

In the meantime, Houston leads Minnesota 3-1 in the bottom of the sixth. If the Astros hold on, they’ll win the series three games to one and move into the ALCS to take on the Rangers.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Bottom of the third completely nuts in AZ. After 3 solo HRs, Moreno hits one that's first called a HR, the first time in post season history 4 HR's in an inning. But wait.....after a crew chief review, the ball, which was close to the RF foul pole, was correctly ruled a foul ball.

Moreno sends the next pitch over the fence in left center. The record is in the books now.

4-0 Dbacks and Lance Lynn is chased.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Another disappointing post season for the Dodgers.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Six of the eight playoff series have been sweeps so far, and if Atlanta can't tie the series against the Phillies, none of them will have gone the distance.

Other than a couple of games, this might be the most uninteresting playoffs I can ever remember since they added wild cards. Which leads me to believe the World Series is going to be a classic.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:44 am Six of the eight playoff series have been sweeps so far, and if Atlanta can't tie the series against the Phillies, none of them will have gone the distance.

Other than a couple of games, this might be the most uninteresting playoffs I can ever remember since they added wild cards. Which leads me to believe the World Series is going to be a classic.
But on the other hand, the playoffs have been interesting in their unpredictability. Tampa, Baltimore, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, and Atlanta, all teams that had really good seasons, and were favored to win their series, managed to not only lose, but to only win one game among them. For none of those teams to advance even one round is amazing.

The Dodgers were especially puzzling. The top of their order didn't show up. Betts went hitless in the three games, Freeman had just one hit, and Martinez two.

It's easy to pull for three of the four teams the rest of the way. At this point, I don't care who wins, I'm just rooting for the Astros to lose.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

After Phillies win tonight it will be second year in a row winning 100 games was meaningless come Playoff time.

GO D-BACKS!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:38 am Another disappointing post season for the Dodgers.
So much for the Dodgers massive payroll!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Just imagine being a fan of the Diamondbacks and Rangers. You see your teams 5-0 to get to the LCS, but only have had one home game. At least they saw their first playoff game at home was the clinching game.