Quintana

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

OrlandoMerced

Quintana

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Glasnow, Kuhl and two guys from the 6-15 range would be completely acceptable.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Quintana

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

With McCutchen?

The Pirates better get more in return. That's crazy to have Glasnow (team's best prospect) and McCutchen (team's best player) and throw in Diaz and Keller too.
Leyland1948

Quintana

Post by Leyland1948 »

If McCutchen stays and after the Nova signing would the F/O be able to afford Quintana?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Quintana

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

He is only due to make $7 million 2017 and $8.5 million in 2018. Then $10.5 million and $11.5 million, but McCutchen would probably be gone by the time he hits double digits if not resigned long term.

Two years at $15.5 million for Quintana would be great and how I would look at it.
fjk090852-7

Quintana

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It has been a couple weeks since we heard about the Quintana rumors. During the past two weeks I have been running the pros and cons of the trade in my head and I keep asking myself is this deal worth giving up the prospects who have been rumored to be part of the deal. I know you cannot expect all prospects to become stars, but what if Glasnow, Bell or Newman reach their expected potential. Last season we could not wait for Glasnow to make his debut, and now after a handful of poor starts we want to include him in this deal. Maybe he will join the team this season and become a solid starting pitcher. Sure he is not Quintana but if he wins about 12 games to go along with Cole,Taillon and Nova I would expect we would be in a hunt for the Wild Card.  If the Bucs make the deal for Quintana I know the fans will be happy, but I hope we don't mortgage too much of the future to acquire him.
SCBucco

Quintana

Post by SCBucco »

0F322C212E242F0D2532232524400 wrote: Glasnow, Kuhl and two guys from the 6-15 range would be completely acceptable.

When you consider what the Sox got for Eaton, no, this type of return isn't that appealing to them. Your second guy mentioned is no more than a fifth guy for the rotation. I would think they want to significant players.
OrlandoMerced

Quintana

Post by OrlandoMerced »

4858596E7878741B0 wrote: Glasnow, Kuhl and two guys from the 6-15 range would be completely acceptable.

When you consider what the Sox got for Eaton, no, this type of return isn't that appealing to them.  Your second guy mentioned is no more than a fifth guy for the rotation.  I would think they want to significant players.

I was basing that off the reported ask they made to Houston. Some guy that made starts for them last year and two top prospects. The ml ready guy had numbers close to kuhl. Then the compromise is the two guys out of the Pirates top five prospects. That would be what I'd give up if I were nh
fjk090852-7

Quintana

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that according to Ken Rosenthal the Bucs and Astros are still involved in trade discussions with the White Sox regarding Quintana.
Bobster21

Quintana

Post by Bobster21 »

252928737A737B76716E74430 wrote: Just read that according to Ken Rosenthal the Bucs and Astros are still involved in trade discussions with the White Sox regarding Quintana.
I can't shake the feeling the Bucs are anxious to deal Cutch to save money since they signed Nova.
fjk090852-7

Quintana

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am to the point that I hope the Bucs do not acquire Quintana. Right now we have three starting pitchers accounted for. If Kuhl pitches as he did in the second half of the season last year we have 4 starters. For the number five slot we can choose from Williams, Brault, Hutchison, Glasnow and even Kingham. I would still attempt to sign another veteran pitcher to tryout for that number five starting pitcher.