Cole/Harrison

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole/Harrison

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I would want the best return no matter what, but it is rare to trade within the same division.

Another reason why I think the Yankees is the best fit. We will only face them in some random three game series or the World Series.
SCBucco

Cole/Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

44455E4F59191E2A0 wrote: Could the Brewers be a potential trading partner for Cole? They have some interesting pieces that could be made available.

Could you imagine that? The Brewers, a small market team that is in direct competition with the Pirates, makes a move like that to bolster its roster, while the Pirates don't get anything significant to bolster its roster? What type of message does that send.
SCBucco

Cole/Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

7E757D7174756E2B2D5A637B7275753479751A0 wrote: I would want the best return no matter what, but it is rare to trade within the same division. 

Another reason why I think the Yankees is the best fit.  We will only face them in some random three game series or the World Series.

You can honestly leave out the world series comment. We aren't even going to the playoffs.
notes34

Cole/Harrison

Post by notes34 »

3323221503030F600 wrote: Could the Brewers be a potential trading partner for Cole? They have some interesting pieces that could be made available.

Could you imagine that?  The Brewers, a small market team that is in direct competition with the Pirates, makes a move like that to bolster its roster, while the Pirates don't get anything significant to bolster its roster?  What type of message does that send.
They do have some potentially good pieces. They have what is going to become a crowded OF. I would like Domingo Santana. I have no idea what their system looks like outside of Brinson.
IABucFan

Cole/Harrison

Post by IABucFan »

Just read on Twitter that the Astros are asking about Cole. Rumored to be offering Derek Fisher in return. Very underwhelming if true, IMHO. Personally, I think they need to hang on to Cole and deal him at the deadline. Hopefully, he has a good first half. A contender will pay a premium for a front-line starter who's more than a three month rental at the deadline.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole/Harrison

5B5350677154737C120 wrote: Just read on Twitter that the Astros are asking about Cole. Rumored to be offering Derek Fisher in return. Very underwhelming if true, IMHO. Personally, I think they need to hang on to Cole and deal him at the deadline. Hopefully, he has a good first half. A contender will pay a premium for a front-line starter who's more than a three month rental at the deadline.

Do the Pirates think Fisher is the centerpiece? Fisher is a good start, but the Astros would have to add more in my opinion.

The Astros are interesting as they have some top prospects, but their pitchers are a few seasons away (Whitley, Bukauskas). Fisher can be dealt because they have other OF depth. I would certainly ask for Moran, who is blocked.
SammyKhalifa

Cole/Harrison

Post by SammyKhalifa »

151D1E293F1A3D325C0 wrote: Just read on Twitter that the Astros are asking about Cole. Rumored to be offering Derek Fisher in return. Very underwhelming if true, IMHO. Personally, I think they need to hang on to Cole and deal him at the deadline. Hopefully, he has a good first half. A contender will pay a premium for a front-line starter who's more than a three month rental at the deadline.

There are a lot of pitchers out there and a lot of teams looking around. I hope the dam breaks soon with a few of the big FAs finally deciding on deals.
SCBucco

Cole/Harrison

Post by SCBucco »

I think people need to come to grips with something. NH still doesn't know which direction to go - rebuild or status quo (notice, I didn't say contend). We have seen three names out there on the trade market, but yet, NO MOVEMENT WHATSOEVER. NH's hesitation has already cost him a trade partner for Harrison in Toronto (probably the best suitor as far as someone that can give back assets save the Yanks). Toronto acquired Solarte from SD, so no need for Harrison anymore. That leaves the Muts and some other team that doesn't have much.

I see Cole being not traded at all. NH isn't that smart to play Houston to entice the Yanks to up the offer. They aren't giving up Torres nor Florial. It's pretty evident. Do you think the Yanks care at this point? They can save those assets to give to Baltimore for Machado. Again, call this what it is ... a loss.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cole/Harrison

Why do you think Huntington is the one hesitating?

There has been no major free agent signings (except the Phillies) nor any major trades outside the Stanton salary dump. It looks like the whole league is hesitating.
dmetz

Cole/Harrison

Post by dmetz »

There's always some excuse.  When we have pieces to sell, it's a buyer's market, when we have pieces to buy, it's a seller's market.

Now, when we have pieces to both  buy and sell, there's no market.

Funny ain't it? A head scratcher for sure.  NH mist be the unluckiest GM in the league.   He's really good, if only his bad luck would just wear off...