The Other Games 2022

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

585A404650350 wrote: Not to spoil the ending for you, but I don't give the Byzantines much beyond 1450. Those Turks have a tough team.
I now have switched to Attila the Hun- he was one tough dude!!
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5B6560687B636368486D7A693E0C0 wrote: Not to spoil the ending for you, but I don't give the Byzantines much beyond 1450. Those Turks have a tough team.
I now have switched to Attila the Hun- he was one tough dude!!
Joe Giradi fired today- Always liked the guy.Players have really under performed. Also was given a lousy bullpen. When you have the 4th highest payroll in baseball 22-29 will get you fired.
GreenWeenie

The Other Games 2022

Post by GreenWeenie »

Wrong.

When you have an owner with expectations, you get fired.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

497C6B6B60596B6B60676B0E0 wrote: Wrong.

When you have an owner with expectations, you get fired.
Not even worth responding too
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Joe Musgrove throws one hit ball over 8 innings. The lone hit surrendered the entire night by the Padres was by Kolten Wong.

Even when you're an ex-Pirate, Kolten Wong is a Pirate killer.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Angels have now lost 9 in a row, and I loved listening to Mad Dog Russo on the radio yesterday having an aneurysm about Ohtani, and I agree with him 100%.

I think part of it with Russo is the same as me, every time Ohtani so much as wakes up on the right side of the bed, we hear about it. We hear about every single HR, and of course it's glossed over his team still lost.

But of course you know Russo is New York through and through, and all these comparisons of Ohtani to Ruth must really have burned, because they burned me also.

I get MLB is trying to create some sort of legendary, mythical proportions type of star, but Ohtani isn't that. He'd certainly be welcome in a Pirates uniform. But before they start putting him up there with Ruth and Dimaggio, how about Ohtani actually showing up for a big game, other than to get blasted out of Yankee stadium.

Let's just say I'm getting tired of the MLB site worshiping long HR's, Ohtani and Trout when teams lose those games.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

775156434A4651474F240 wrote: Angels have now lost 9 in a row, and I loved listening to Mad Dog Russo on the radio yesterday having an aneurysm about Ohtani, and I agree with him 100%.

I think part of it with Russo is the same as me, every time Ohtani so much as wakes up on the right side of the bed, we hear about it. We hear about every single HR, and of course it's glossed over his team still lost.

But of course you know Russo is New York through and through, and all these comparisons of Ohtani to Ruth must really have burned, because they burned me also.

I get MLB is trying to create some sort of legendary, mythical proportions type of star, but Ohtani isn't that. He'd certainly be welcome in a Pirates uniform. But before they start putting him up there with Ruth and Dimaggio, how about Ohtani actually showing up for a big game, other than to get blasted out of Yankee stadium.

Let's just say I'm getting tired of the MLB site worshiping long HR's, Ohtani and Trout when teams lose those games.
Especially when he is hitting .240
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Just watched Mike Trout strike out to extend his 0 for streak to

0-22. The longest of his career. It happens to everyone
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

1F21242C3F27272C0C293E2D7A480 wrote: Just watched Mike Trout strike out to extend his 0 for streak to

0-22. The longest of his career. It happens to everyone
Maybe he's calling Chang up to ask how to get through it.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts brought in a position player to pitch the 9th as the Dodgers were down 9-4 to the Mets, and he wanted to save an arm for Sunday, basically saying the win probability didn't justify using a pitcher, and was more concerned about winning the series.

Unfortunately for him, the MLB rule is the spread has to be 6 runs before bringing in a position player. The game was delayed 11 minutes to allow a pitcher proper warm up time.