Quintana

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

Quintana

Post by Leyland1948 »

MLB offices normally close for the Holidays so expect it is false for know. Maybe after New Years.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Quintana

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I don't like it. Diaz was rumored too. I kind of forgot about Diaz as a trading chip.

Giving up McCutchen and Glasnow - ugh!
Quail

Quintana

Post by Quail »

3D322938333D6A5B0 wrote: Rumor going around on twitter and a site on facebook,Cutch to Yankees,Pirates get Quintana ,Gardner and cash,Whitesox get Glasnow and Newmen and yankees 1st rounder from last year and another prospect from yanks.Anyone else hearing this?

I have a hard time taking this proposed deal seriously. Why would the Pirates want Gardner? He's owed in excess of $36M over the next 3 years. Just doesn't make sense to me that they would take on that kind of salary for that length of contract when Meadows is waiting in the wings.
Ecbucs

Quintana

Post by Ecbucs »

507460686D010 wrote: Rumor going around on twitter and a site on facebook,Cutch to Yankees,Pirates get Quintana ,Gardner and cash,Whitesox get Glasnow and Newmen and yankees 1st rounder from last year and another prospect from yanks.Anyone else hearing this?

I have a hard time taking this proposed deal seriously. Why would the Pirates want Gardner? He's owed in excess of $36M over the next 3 years. Just doesn't make sense to me that they would take on that kind of salary for that length of contract when Meadows is waiting in the wings.

ML Trade Rumors hasn't mentioned this yet. If it was even a legitimate rumor (can there be such a thing?) they would have posted it.
PMike

Quintana

Post by PMike »

There is no way that rumor is true. Think about it: Cutch, Glasnow, Newman, all for Quintana and Gardner? I think not.

I don't think that makes sense for the Pirates and especially not for the Yankees.
notes34

Quintana

Post by notes34 »

No way this is true.
Docjon49

Quintana

Post by Docjon49 »

507460686D010 wrote: Rumor going around on twitter and a site on facebook,Cutch to Yankees,Pirates get Quintana ,Gardner and cash,Whitesox get Glasnow and Newmen and yankees 1st rounder from last year and another prospect from yanks.Anyone else hearing this?

Not that I'm defending the rumor, but I wanted to point out a portion of the quote that might be relevant here:

Pirates get Quintana ,Gardner and cash

It would have to be a good chunk of cash to make this happen, but then, the Yankees are involved.

Still leaves the question of Meadows, doesn't it?
Tintin

Quintana

Post by Tintin »

664D41484D4C161B220 wrote: Rumor going around on twitter and a site on facebook,Cutch to Yankees,Pirates get Quintana ,Gardner and cash,Whitesox get Glasnow and Newmen and yankees 1st rounder from last year and another prospect from yanks.Anyone else hearing this?

Not that I'm defending the rumor, but I wanted to point out a portion of the quote that might be relevant here:

Pirates get Quintana ,Gardner and cash

It would have to be a good chunk of cash to make this happen, but then, the Yankees are involved.

Still leaves the question of Meadows, doesn't it?

I don't think this trade makes us much better for this season or in the future.

If I'm trading Cutch or for Quintana, I would do them in separate deals.

Also, I agree with the point,about MLB trade rumors.

If this is hanging out there, they would have reported it.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Quintana

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Some names are being tossed around in a three team deal with the Yankees getting McCutchen.

Glasnow, Keller, and Diaz are the Pirates prospects leaving for Quintana.

I would expect more in return for those four players. Twitter has a deal heating up, but I am not familiar with the main source.
Ecbucs

Quintana

Post by Ecbucs »

MLB Trade rumors chat said Quintana would cost this:

Glasnow or Meadows would have to front the package. It'd take multiple MLB-ready pieces... say Glasnow and one of Kuhl/Brault, perhaps, then another pair of really solid prospects. He's every bit as valuable as Chris Sale was.