4/5 Game Thread-Game 2-Bucs vs. Red Sox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

Hurdle just gave this game away with Bastardo brought in and just left in while struggling mightily. Boston's manager was managing to win, he left his reliever in for 2 innings. I was shocked when Hurdle pulled Nicasio after one inning. I hope this is Hurdles last year, gets so tired of him giving away games. Great game by Taillon just wasted. Frustratingggggggggggg!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I was at the game. I don't blame bringing in Bastardo. It was freezing. Pitchers can get hurt cooling down in that weather.

Taillon was the talk of the town that night after the game and the next day as I had my Pirates hat on. Many Red Sox fans were impressed. That 2010 Draft is looking like a great one. I think Taillon is our best pitcher. He will be a special player.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

5F545C5055544F0A0C7B425A5354541558543B0 wrote: I was at the game.  I don't blame bringing in Bastardo.  It was freezing.  Pitchers can get hurt cooling down in that weather.

Taillon was the talk of the town that night after the game and the next day as I had my Pirates hat on.  Many Red Sox fans were impressed.  That 2010 Draft is looking like a great one.  I think Taillon is our best pitcher.  He will be a special player.
So Farrell left his reliever in for 2 innings but we couldn't because he might get hurt, that dog just won't hunt, it was stupid to take out Nicasio plain and simple, and to not have someone up to replace Bastardo with him struggling, we played hard for 11 innings and then just gave up, horrible managing, just inexcusable.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I had no problem with using one pitcher per inning. Watson was up waiting in the bullpen a long time. i wasn't surprised he gave up two hits.

Bastardo had an error by his fielder and was a ground ball away from a double play with two very slow runners. Yes, I was ok in bringing him in considering the situation. Nicasio did a nice job. I am in favor of relievers coming in and just giving it their all for one inning. The Pirates bullpen should be pretty strong this year for guys to just bring the heat for one inning.