The Milwaukee Series ... THIS. IS. IT.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

3D363E3237362D686E192038313636773A36590 wrote: Not to knock Cervelli, but I don't understand why players reach for the tag.  Just go to the plate (or the bag).  They have to touch that to score and be safe.  Cervelli dove way past the plate to make that tag. 

All players do this for some reason.  Mercer missed a tag not so long ago reaching for a guy as they did a swim move on him.  Harrison has been safe a few times this year on a swim move.

They are just making the play harder for themselves.  Cervelli made a great play, but it could have been a lot easier than throwing his body a foot or two past home plate to make the tag.  I was glad Cervelli caught it on the fly instead of letting the ball bounce.

This is a really good point.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Still some time left in this game down 3-0 but needless to say tomorrow's game with Cole on the mound and Thursday with Taillon on the mound are pretty much MUST win games. A split in this series does you no good. If you take 3 of 4 you at least can pull within 5 games of 1st and just 2 games under .500 going out West for over a week.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cervelli goes deep gets that Bucs on the board now down 3-1. Still time left in this game only down 2 runs now.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

J-Hay with a two run blast ties it up at 3.

FWIW, I thought it was a bad call when Marte got picked off. Looked pretty clear to me that he had his hand in there in time. No idea why CH didn't challenge that play.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Give Nova credit tonight for hanging in there. He didn't have his best game tonight but he kept the Pirates in the game as always and allowed them to tie this game up.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Pirates get four runs. They take the lead.

Stinks we can't send Nova back out. Two innings than Rivero.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I'm using Rivero in the 8th again tonight if need be. You gotta chance to steal this game tonight you gotta go for it
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Smart play by Cervelli. I tell my softball team that all the time. Force a throw, don't get tagged out.

Come on, Marte. Reward Cervelli's smart play.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Rivero better be up and ready in this 8th inning seeing that Hudson is most likely going to get in some kind of trouble. I don't get how guys like Watson and Nicasio are unavailable already 5 games after the break. I know they pitched in a few games the last couple of nights but still they should be able to pitch again tonight if need be.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

496E7F7B7E635C687F7E7E631A0 wrote: Rivero better be up and ready in this 8th inning seeing that Hudson is most likely going to get in some kind of trouble. I don't get how guys like Watson and Nicasio are unavailable already 5 games after the break. I know they pitched in a few games the last couple of nights but still they should be able to pitch again tonight if need be.

Who do you have up to relieve Rivero?

Need a ground ball to Mercer now.