The Other Games 2022

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games 2022

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Is it just me or does it seem like the Yankees play the Orioles every week?
Bobster21

The Other Games 2022

Post by Bobster21 »

346274606F75656E637446616B676F6A2865060 wrote: Is it just me or does it seem like the Yankees play the Orioles every week?
By the end of this series the Orioles will have had 13 games vs NY and only as many as 6 games vs 1 other team. NY has played Toronto 9 times, the White Sox 7 times and no one else more than 3 times. So the Oriole and Yankee schedules have been loaded against one another so far.
GreenWeenie

The Other Games 2022

Post by GreenWeenie »

Not really "Other Games," but I didn't want to start another thread for this.

As of this moment, the Pirates are one of 13 clubs that are ten or more games out of first place.  The NL Central is the only division with three such teams.

It's not even June.

This tells me that there's a lot of bad baseball this season.
GreenWeenie

The Other Games 2022

Post by GreenWeenie »

Now, it's 14 and the NL- East is in the same boat as the NL-Central.

Four NL clubs are within 9 games of their division leader, two months into the season.

bucs607179

The Other Games 2022

Post by bucs607179 »

7E4B5C5C576E5C5C57505C390 wrote: Not really "Other Games," but I didn't want to start another thread for this.

As of this moment, the Pirates are one of 13 clubs that are ten or more games out of first place.  The NL Central is the only division with three such teams.

It's not even June.

This tells me that there's a lot of bad baseball this season.

To lazy to research it but I wonder where the under teams are on the pay scale.
GreenWeenie

The Other Games 2022

Post by GreenWeenie »

I am, as well, but that doesn't tend to be where I place my energy.  Maybe Dave will do it.  ;)

My focus is on "competence," or, the lack of it.

==============

Several of the 14 clubs are "expected," in my opinion.  I put the Pirates in this category because of the state of their "building" phase.   I think that it's safe to say that most impartial people would put the Pirates, A's, Orioles, Nationals, and other teams here.

Without going through all 14, here are my thoughts on some of the others-

Boston- Large market/large revenue.  When the Yankees and Blue Jays rise, it means they're going to fall. 

Seattle- Thought by a few MLBNR hosts to be an up-and-coming team.  They're over-there-and-not-going-anywhere.

Phillies- Tougher division.  Been talk of dismissing Joe Girardi. Large market/large revenue.

Cubs- Large market/large revenue. 

It's only fair to consider that some of the division leaders are playing good ball.  They're causing some of the separation.  Some of these clubs are causing it from the wrong side, too.

WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0A3F2828231A28282324284D0 wrote: I am, as well, but that doesn't tend to be where I place my energy.  Maybe Dave will do it.  ;)

My focus is on "competence," or, the lack of it.

==============

Several of the 14 clubs are "expected," in my opinion.  I put the Pirates in this category because of the state of their "building" phase.   I think that it's safe to say that most impartial people would put the Pirates, A's, Orioles, Nationals, and other teams here.

Without going through all 14, here are my thoughts on some of the others-

Boston- Large market/large revenue.  When the Yankees and Blue Jays rise, it means they're going to fall. 

Seattle- Thought by a few MLBNR hosts to be an up-and-coming team.  They're over-there-and-not-going-anywhere.

Phillies- Tougher division.  Been talk of dismissing Joe Girardi. Large market/large revenue.

Cubs- Large market/large revenue. 

It's only fair to consider that some of the division leaders are playing good ball.  They're causing some of the separation.  Some of these clubs are causing it from the wrong side, too.

Maybe I will do the research after I finish reading the History of the Byzantine Empire
mouse

The Other Games 2022

Post by mouse »

Not to spoil the ending for you, but I don't give the Byzantines much beyond 1450. Those Turks have a tough team.
GreenWeenie

The Other Games 2022

Post by GreenWeenie »

Been all downhill since Sid Byzantine rounded third. :(((
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Taillon and Holmes team up to beat the Angels in the second game of a doubleheader, 2-1.