Official McCutchen trade thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

That deal is awful. I like Matz, but Bruce would be a throw in. Bruce also makes more than McCutchen this season. Bruce will be offered no matter what as he would go to the bench. I don't mind Bruce to fill in to bridge until Meadows, but he can't be a centerpiece.

The Pirates need more than Matz and a throw in player. No way I would do that deal.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Lots of Cutch trade rumors now. When they signed Nova my first thought was "Say goodbye to Cutch." They keep the payroll low so when someone gets signed, someone has to go. The Quintana/Cutch rumor even included cash considerations for the Bucs.
mouse

Post by mouse »

MLBTR is now saying the Blue Jays are interested. What a twist it would be if Reese McGuire were one of the prospects returning in the trade.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/12/b ... tchen.html
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Jays acquired two of their other top prospects, catcher Reese McGuire and outfielder Harold Ramirez, with Francisco Liriano in a summer trade with the Pirates seemingly designed to help the Bucs shed Liriano’s salary.
I guess the writer of that article didn't get the Pirates' explanation that this was just a trade to acquire the legendary Drew Hutchison. ::)
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7C515C4D4A5B4C0C0F3E0 wrote: The Jays acquired two of their other top prospects, catcher Reese McGuire and outfielder Harold Ramirez, with Francisco Liriano in a summer trade with the Pirates seemingly designed to help the Bucs shed Liriano’s salary.
I guess the writer of that article didn't get the Pirates' explanation that this was just a trade to acquire the legendary Drew Hutchison.   ::)

The author is editor of Bucs dugout and I think he doesn't believe that explanation.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

486E6F786E7E0D0 wrote: The Jays acquired two of their other top prospects, catcher Reese McGuire and outfielder Harold Ramirez, with Francisco Liriano in a summer trade with the Pirates seemingly designed to help the Bucs shed Liriano’s salary.
I guess the writer of that article didn't get the Pirates' explanation that this was just a trade to acquire the legendary Drew Hutchison.   ::)

The author is editor of Bucs dugout and I think he doesn't believe that explanation.

No, it's a twisting of words and not believing Huntington's explanation.