Cutch Hitting .211

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dmetz »

644F4E534850496552444448270 wrote: McCutchen is reported in saying: a different look and a little less pressure to produce will be a good thing while he gets on track.  He is excited about the move and it could give him a jump start at the plate.

I hope he knows he still has to produce in the 6th spot too.

Yeah

I bet he doesn't want to hit or "produce"

He definitely doesn't want to hit the ball to right, dive for a flyball, or use good form when catching flyballs.

He looks cool though. So good for him. He definitely cares about that
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

012A2B362D352C003721212D420 wrote: McCutchen is reported in saying: a different look and a little less pressure to produce will be a good thing while he gets on track.  He is excited about the move and it could give him a jump start at the plate.

Yeah

His comments were awful. Most athletes want the ball at the end of the game. Most athletes want the pressure. He is now relieved.
Quail

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Quail »

I'd hardly characterize his statements as "awful". His comments were rational and introspective. He's admitted to putting too much pressure on himself. A change that might help him to get on track is what he's embracing as should anyone who has tried the same thing repeatedly without success. He's also stating that he's on board with what his manager is doing in order to field the best lineup. He's not going to complain or be disruptive. He's going to continue to work to improve his production. Is it so "awful" that he's admitting his struggles and that his confidence needs a boost?
Ecbucs

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Ecbucs »

707B737F7A7B602523546D757C7B7B3A777B140 wrote: McCutchen is reported in saying: a different look and a little less pressure to produce will be a good thing while he gets on track.  He is excited about the move and it could give him a jump start at the plate.

Yeah

His comments were awful. Most athletes want the ball at the end of the game. Most athletes want the pressure. He is now relieved.

I think he is saying he is willing to try other things to see if he can get back on track.

His comments would have been awful if he said I am the third place hitter and that's that.
Bobster21

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Bobster21 »

Yeah, Cutch has always been classy and he's taking this in a classy way too. I fail to see why he would be criticized for that.
dmetz

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dmetz »

when he screamed " this is my spot" in CF after the best hitter on our team hot supended and forced him to move back there, now THAT was awful.

Him putting his tail between his legs and accepting batting 6th, I think is normal for a guy who wouldn't even start on most teams, at this point.

If he doesn't shape up, I bench him when Marte comes back.  Frazier, Marte, Polanco should be the OF.

Then he can scream "this is my spot" while he sits by the cooler. Or, he can play hungry again and forget the name on the back of his jersey
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I agree he did worse things, but that doesn't mean his comments aren't as bad. I want my teammate to want the ball. I want my teammate to want to bat with the bases loaded, two outs behind a run. McCutchen, to me, sounded relieved and will be left alone now since he isn't bating third.

He should be trying new things and listen to his coaches and not complain where he is batting. That is expected, shouldn't be rewarded.
dmetz

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dmetz »

And there are two perfect examples if anyone watches these games anymore.  He's in CF camped out under a fly ball, and he fakes swatting a gnats at the last minute.  Making jokes at Polanco.  Oh how cool, until you drop one of the 5-6 you do every year because you're clowning around

Then, just another perfect example of the almighty Cutch.  Ground ball to short deep in the hole.   Cora is literally pointing right at third.  A complete stop sign, not even "round it" but STOP, because the shortstop was waiting for him to round 3rd to throw him out.

Cutch has his head in left field?? Completely turned around, jogs through the stop sign and gets thrown out at home laughing.

It's not funny Cutch.  You've become one the most fundamentally unsound, "too good" to play the game right,  player I've seen.

It's cool though, because you homered and doubled for the first time in a month.  All good right? Wrong.

You shouldn't be allowed to wear the name "McCutchen" on the back of your jersey. You're a shadow of the real McCutchen. Show me some heart! ;)
notes34

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by notes34 »

I've been saying all along he is hitting the ball hard. Just watch things are going to even out. I smell a hot streak coming.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

His home run tonight was hit to right very hard and for once he did not try to pull the outside fastball. Very nice to see.