Managerial Candidates???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Managerial Candidates???

Post by mouse »

Another scheduled interview - Derek Shelton of the Twins.
fjk090852-7

Managerial Candidates???

Post by fjk090852-7 »

New candidate to interview Cardinals coach Stubby Clapp. I guess he has some minor league manager experience.
DemDog

Managerial Candidates???

Post by DemDog »

5A56570C050C04090E110B3C0 wrote: New candidate to interview Cardinals coach Stubby Clapp. I guess he has some minor league manager experience.

I hire him on his name alone! ;D
Bobster21

Managerial Candidates???

Post by Bobster21 »

16373F163D35520 wrote: New candidate to interview Cardinals coach Stubby Clapp. I guess he has some minor league manager experience.

I hire him on his name alone!   ;D

Yep! Hire the Stubster! :D :D :D
IABucFan

Managerial Candidates???

Post by IABucFan »

I like that they're at least looking at successful organizations in Minnesota, Oakland, and especially St. Louis. They need to overhaul the losing mentality associated with this team. I like bannister. I think he's a good coach, and a good baseball man. But I don't want him as manager, if only because he's spent most of his career mired in this losing organization. We need someone with an outside perspective.
BenM

Managerial Candidates???

Post by BenM »

73525A735850370 wrote: New candidate to interview Cardinals coach Stubby Clapp. I guess he has some minor league manager experience.

It sounds like the name of a left handed pitcher from the twenties.
Bobster21

Managerial Candidates???

Post by Bobster21 »

4A4241766045626D030 wrote: I like that they're at least looking at successful organizations in Minnesota, Oakland, and especially St. Louis. They need to overhaul the losing mentality associated with this team. I like bannister. I think he's a good coach, and a good baseball man. But I don't want him as manager, if only because he's spent most of his career mired in this losing organization. We need someone with an outside perspective.
You could be right about that. On the other hand, maybe Banister would have seen enough of what doesn't work in this organization to resist some of NH's ideas and show some creative thinking. I don't know if that would be the case but I wouldn't necessarily hold it against him that he's been around a long time. I'm just as concerned that someone from another organization getting his first managing job might not want to rock the boat and would accept NH's ideas without challenge. I think a lot of Hurdle's poor managing was probably his adherence to NH's policies.
SammyKhalifa

Managerial Candidates???

Post by SammyKhalifa »

JollyRoger

Managerial Candidates???

Post by JollyRoger »

1532391A570 wrote: New candidate to interview Cardinals coach Stubby Clapp. I guess he has some minor league manager experience.

It sounds like the name of a left handed pitcher from the twenties.

Or an unshaven venereal disease
mouse

Managerial Candidates???

Post by mouse »

Let's see - his name is a source of endless jokes, the team is . . .

He may be just the person.