The other games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

466B66777061763635040 wrote: Just wanted to pass along on here that Josh Bell is hitting .119 and is 5 for 42 so far on the year with 1 Home run  and 3 RBI’s and a .446 OPS. So needless to say he has been very bad this month so far and the Pirates at this point at least so far don’t miss him at all in their lineup.
Right now, Josh Bell is making Cherington look pretty good
Bell was a train wreck. Always messing with his swing, huge slumps, lots of Ks, unable to throw a baseball and questionable catching one. I'm glad they traded him. And now the Nats are stuck with him and can't hide him at DH. They must have thought the DH would stay in the NL when they made the trade.
It seemed that after the Home Run Derby, he was never the same.
Yes. I remember reading that he was excited about the HR derby and I think he got into bad habits with his swing after that.
Jerry Meals behind the plate tonight- Cubs vs. Braves. He consistently stinks. Then he gets pissed when a batter or pitcher doesn't like a call
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Jordan Luplow hits a walk off 2 run HR for the Tribe in the 10th
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Los Angeles third baseman Pedro Guerrero committed several hard-to-believe fielding errors during one game. This was during the same time that Dodgers' second baseman Steve Sax was undergoing his horrendous and well-publicized fielding slump in which he couldn't throw the most routine ball to first without trouble.

In the post-game meeting, Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda was at a loss with Guerrero. "What are you thinking out there," Lasorda asked.

"Two things," Guerrero said.

"What's the first thing?"

"God, don't let them hit the ball to me."

"And what's the other thing," Lasorda said.

"Don't let them hit the ball to (Steve) Sax."
Bobster21

The other games

Post by Bobster21 »

0E282F3A333F283E365D0 wrote: Los Angeles third baseman Pedro Guerrero committed several hard-to-believe fielding errors during one game. This was during the same time that Dodgers' second baseman Steve Sax was undergoing his horrendous and well-publicized fielding slump in which he couldn't throw the most routine ball to first without trouble.

In the post-game meeting, Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda was at a loss with Guerrero. "What are you thinking out there," Lasorda asked.

"Two things," Guerrero said.

"What's the first thing?"

"God, don't let them hit the ball to me."

"And what's the other thing," Lasorda said.

"Don't let them hit the ball to (Steve) Sax."
I remember that! ;D
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Marlins and Brewers.....top of 3.....

1st batter strikes out

2nd walks

3rd walks

4th walks to load the bases

5-6 both strike out looking and neither swung the bat in the AB.

That's the equivalent of watching paint dry....but you're really excited about how the color may turn out
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Here's a line for you from the same game:

Zack Godley 3+IP 1H 5K 5BB 1HBP 1 WP 1 Balk 2R 1 ER- the unearned run on an error by, you guessed it, Godley

Old Zack got him the pitcher's sampler platter at Applebees it looks like
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

The Marlins have a string of AB's like this right now: K, BB, BB, BB, K, K, BB, HBP, K

9 batters not one ball put in play
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

74525540494552444C270 wrote: The Marlins have a string of AB's like this right now: K, BB, BB, BB, K, K, BB, HBP, K

OK guys, was going to make this a separate thread but I am just going to use this one. At the end of each month, I am going to pick three teams which have over achieved and underachieved. Three in each groups. #1 being the best and worst. then #2, etc. My picks will appear tomorrow ( feel free to agree or disagree) You can give reasons if you want.

If someone would like to apply the above to individual players, that would be a separate category and might be fun as well.
bucs607179

The other games

Post by bucs607179 »

4F71747C6F77777C5C796E7D2A180 wrote: The Marlins have a string of AB's like this right now: K, BB, BB, BB, K, K, BB, HBP, K

OK guys, was going to make this a separate thread but I am just going to use this one. At the end of each month, I am going to pick three teams which have over achieved and underachieved. Three in each groups. #1 being the best and worst. then #2, etc. My picks will appear tomorrow ( feel free to agree or disagree) You can give reasons if you want.

If someone would like to apply the above to individual players, that would be a separate category and might be fun as well.

April will be the only month the Pirates are in the over achieve.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5B4C5A4A0F090E080E00390 wrote: The Marlins have a string of AB's like this right now: K, BB, BB, BB, K, K, BB, HBP, K

April will be the only month the Pirates are in the over achieve.
Over Achievers for April- 1. Kansas City 2. Our Bucs 3. Giants

Under Achievers for April 1. Big spender Yankees 2. Nationals

3. Twins in a lousy division