Huntington on fan today...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1E38392E38285B0 wrote:

The Pirates can't make decisions based upon whether fans get mad or not (and NH claims that fans reaction isn't a part of decision making).

Totally agree. Just saying no matter what happened the naysayers would have come out.  They came out after a thread discussion when most agreed only Watson would be traded.

what I'm saying is that there are different naysayers it is not a cohesive group.  Some that are naysayers are also yay sayers depending upon the move.

I am not sure if I agree with that.  I am not just saying on this board either, people on the streets, radio personnel, and other media too.  People just disagree no matter what the front office does.  I have a few teammates I see weekly that do this all the time and get so mad when I say "last week, you said____, but now you ____"?

Well, look at the examples on this board, you are not happy if you are called an apologist for the front office as posters will say you always agree with front office.  I think it is more nuanced than that with most fans. 

True. I have criticized this front office plenty of times. All can go back and see.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

777C74787D7C672224536A727B7C7C3D707C130 wrote:

The Pirates can't make decisions based upon whether fans get mad or not (and NH claims that fans reaction isn't a part of decision making).

Totally agree. Just saying no matter what happened the naysayers would have come out.  They came out after a thread discussion when most agreed only Watson would be traded.

what I'm saying is that there are different naysayers it is not a cohesive group.  Some that are naysayers are also yay sayers depending upon the move.

I am not sure if I agree with that.  I am not just saying on this board either, people on the streets, radio personnel, and other media too.  People just disagree no matter what the front office does.  I have a few teammates I see weekly that do this all the time and get so mad when I say "last week, you said____, but now you ____"?

Well, look at the examples on this board, you are not happy if you are called an apologist for the front office as posters will say you always agree with front office.  I think it is more nuanced than that with most fans. 

True.  I have criticized this front office plenty of times.  All can go back and see. 

I think most naysayers could identify times where they have liked what the front office has done too. It is like politics where you have a few on one side, a few on the other and then a large group in the middle (most of the time).