Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

615A505B77330 wrote: Neil needs to start talking to some other teams or at least make it seem so.Build that market for Cole .Balt ,Texas ,twins etc. He is going to mess this up,I CANT FEEL IT :-/

The problem with these organizations you mentioned is their respective systems either are mediocre or suck. Minnesota's has fallen a bit since their prized guys are up.

It depends on what NH is looking for. Is it the stud prospect and nothing else, like what he is doing with the Yanks, or a package involving a close to ready P and a 3B prospect that could be close to ready, or an OF prospect.

The Yanks have all three. Baltimore has one ... Minnesota has a few interesting arms and a kid from Pittsburgh that was drafted a few years ago. Their top guys are mid infield, which we don't need. Texas - eh?

I will be stunned if a deal happens and if one does, I don't have faith in this one. I'm on record saying Cole is overrated, but I do know he is the biggest trade chip NH has. Pitching is at a premium now.

The fellow GMs know Neal's routine.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

4079616E697E4F630C0 wrote: my ask would be frazier, sheffeild, and andujar.  or at least that is what I would hope for, but what do I know!

I don't think you get all three. That is a much better return then what Oakland got for Gray. I would want any combo of two between Frazier, Sheffield, Andujar. I would inquire if Montgomery could be had since they signed CC to another year and if they truly wanted Cole. That would put him out of the rotation. Montgomery, Andujar and ??? for Cole and Harrison?
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Yet again, NH is unable to extract good value.   The man is hugely deficient as a GM.

Cole to Yanks is over.   

The pirates are being handed $50 million in revenue first quarter 2018. 

GO GET A ****** THIRD BASEMAN
Speedloader88

Post by Speedloader88 »

Can we please get a "like" feature so that I can show love to posts I agree with!! DMetz, I'm looking at your post
RichD

Post by RichD »

SCBucco

Texas has Willie Calhoun.

Baltimore has TreyMancini.

Twins have Byron Buxton.

Any of those guys would help.

We all know pitching is the key to long term success but I think you still need to build the best offense you can first .I`t gives your pitchers some breathing room esp. the young guys we are going to put out there.

We need bats someone that can get 100 rbi would be nice .

Astros Have Moran ,JD Davis and AJ Reed all blocked.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

A lot of reports of the Yankees not offering any real prospects.

The Yankees are known to hoard their prospects too. Known to over hype them as well. Reports also say they are still negotiating.

Is it possible a trade will be made during 4:30-7:30 Sunday in the PM?
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Which reports are those? Saying the Yankees aren't offering any real prospects?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

303B333F3A3B206563142D353C3B3B7A373B540 wrote: A lot of reports of the Yankees not offering any real prospects.

The Yankees are known to hoard their prospects too. Known to over hype them as well. Reports also say they are still negotiating.

Is it possible a trade will be made during 4:30-7:30 Sunday in the PM?

UMMM ... there have been reports that said the Yanks offered Frazier plus. Have no idea what the plus is, but ... you are wrong.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

444D45545A200 wrote: Which reports are those? Saying the Yankees aren't offering any real prospects?

Maybe Neal is interpreting it as such. Frazier isn't a prospect, so ...
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

1D262C270B4F0 wrote: SCBucco

Texas has Willie Calhoun.

Baltimore has TreyMancini.

Twins have Byron Buxton.

Any of those guys would help.

We all know pitching is the key to long term success but I think you still need to build the best offense you can first .I`t gives your pitchers some breathing room esp. the young guys we are going to put out there.

We need bats someone that can get 100 rbi would be nice .

Astros Have Moran ,JD Davis and AJ Reed all blocked.

Minnesota isn't offering Buxton, nor should it.  AJ Reed is blocked in Houston.  Yep.  Guess what, he would be blocked here too.

Moran and JD Davis ... sure.

I don't see Baltimore trading Mancini for Cole, especially if they are looking to move Machado.  That deal would be somewhat pointless to me from a Baltimore perspective.

We need bats ... absolutely. We also could use a guy that can pitch in the rotation too boot.