Kang back?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Where is Jung Ho?

I thought he was in the states (St. Louis) but haven't heard anything since the day the news came out.
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

He reported to Bradenton yesterday. I heard he was on a 30 day readiness plan. So rough ETA on majors, is 05/31.

It wouldn't totally surprise me if sooner. He's never hit well in ST. Always was a gamer not a trainer. Terrible first ST with the Pirates. next year Did terrible on rehab.. then gets called up and smacks 2 HRs vs STL first game.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

474E465759230 wrote: He reported to Bradenton yesterday.   I heard he was on a 30 day readiness plan.  So rough ETA on majors,  is 05/31.   

It wouldn't totally surprise me if sooner.   He's never hit well in ST.  Always was a gamer not a trainer.     Terrible first ST with the Pirates.  next year Did terrible on rehab.. then gets called up and smacks 2 HRs vs STL first game.   

I am with you on Kang. I don't see him getting ready stat wise. Once he is in shape (at least in the Pirates' mind) and see some live pitching, he will be up. I didn't know when his treatment was starting and ending. If he gets suspended, which he shouldn't, he can still do a rehab 10 days before his suspension is over.

I hope the Pirates know what is going on. They lacked that knowledge with him before. He might want to practice his double play turning from second base too.
Kovalwat

Kang back?

Post by Kovalwat »

66474F664D45220 wrote: OH MY!  Have we all lost our minds and forgotten the real reason Kang will be back.  If he is reinstated by MLB that means he will still be Bucs property and we owe him the balance of his 2018 salary whether he plays in the minors or for the Big club. Or if he is released and claimed by another club we are on the hook.  Another club will only pay the pro-rata portion of the MLB minimum salary to him with the Bucs the rest of his 2018 salary.  No way TBMTIMLB will waste money like that!   ;) ;) ;)
--

My guess is that they will bring Kang back and then salary dump Harrison so that BOB net $7 million.
DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

03273E29243F293C480 wrote: OH MY!  Have we all lost our minds and forgotten the real reason Kang will be back.  If he is reinstated by MLB that means he will still be Bucs property and we owe him the balance of his 2018 salary whether he plays in the minors or for the Big club. Or if he is released and claimed by another club we are on the hook.  Another club will only pay the pro-rata portion of the MLB minimum salary to him with the Bucs the rest of his 2018 salary.  No way TBMTIMLB will waste money like that!   ;) ;) ;)
--

My guess is that they will bring Kang back and then salary dump Harrison so that BOB net $7 million.

If the team is in contention even for a wild card spot you do not dump JHay before the TDL at the earliest. No telling for sure if Kang will make any difference when he comes back.
Bobster21

Kang back?

Post by Bobster21 »

62434B624941260 wrote: OH MY!  Have we all lost our minds and forgotten the real reason Kang will be back.  If he is reinstated by MLB that means he will still be Bucs property and we owe him the balance of his 2018 salary whether he plays in the minors or for the Big club. Or if he is released and claimed by another club we are on the hook.  Another club will only pay the pro-rata portion of the MLB minimum salary to him with the Bucs the rest of his 2018 salary.  No way TBMTIMLB will waste money like that!   ;) ;) ;)
--

If the team is in contention even for a wild card spot you do not dump JHay before the TDL at the earliest.  No telling for sure if Kang will make any difference when he comes back.

There was a lot of speculation that Harrison was going to be traded in the off season. When that didn't happen, there was speculation he'd be dealt at the trade deadline. And that was before anyone knew Kang was coming back. So it might be even more likely to happen. I can't see Frazier as the everyday 2Bman. Too many botched routine plays. But Kang would now be another option at 2B as would Moroff.
SammyKhalifa

Kang back?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I don't know, I'm taking an "I'll believe it when I see it" approach to Kang being back in the MLB and productive.
NJBucsFan

Kang back?

Post by NJBucsFan »

Nothing really new here, but a good summary:

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/everyth ... difficult/
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

There was a job posting looking for a translator and baseball knowledge being a plus. Has to be for Kang, right?
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

Well then I guess H.K. Kim is no longer Kangs translator?  They may just want to hire his friend, P.F. Chang.