The other games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Kershaw PH bases loaded one out bottom 10th strikes out. SD used a pitcher to PH top of 10th and he struck out. Bpth teams out of players by the 10th inning.

NL baseball 1 DH 0.
Surgnbuck

The other games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Luis Patino is the first player to play for the Rays who is younger than the franchise. The Rays started in1998, Patino was born Oct 26, 1999
2drfischer@gmail.c

The other games

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5C7A7D68616D7A6C640F0 wrote: Bumbarner did not give up a hit but MLB is not crediting no-hitters in 7-inning games. He faced 21 batters but 1 reached on an error and was erased on a DP. The Braves had 1 hit in the 14 innings they played today.
I was going to post about the no hitter that isn't. Guess they didn't think this one through when they decided not to play an entire game

If MLB declares a game to be complete after seven innings, as they do with these silly youth ball double headers, then seven innings of no hit ball should be considered a no hitter. They deserve all the criticism they get.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5305130708120209041321060C00080D4F02610 wrote: Bumbarner did not give up a hit but MLB is not crediting no-hitters in 7-inning games. He faced 21 batters but 1 reached on an error and was erased on a DP. The Braves had 1 hit in the 14 innings they played today.
I was going to post about the no hitter that isn't. Guess they didn't think this one through when they decided not to play an entire game

If MLB declares a game to be complete after seven innings, as they do with these silly youth ball double headers, then seven innings of no hit ball should be considered a no hitter.  They deserve all the criticism they get.

Enjoyed this one- Padres win and the Dodgers have only a one game lead in the division over the surprising Giants
SteadyFreddy

The other games

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Just wanted to pass along on here that Josh Bell is hitting .119 and is 5 for 42 so far on the year with 1 Home run and 3 RBI’s and a .446 OPS. So needless to say he has been very bad this month so far and the Pirates at this point at least so far don’t miss him at all in their lineup.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4B6C7D797C615E6A7D7C7C61180 wrote: Just wanted to pass along on here that Josh Bell is hitting .119 and is 5 for 42 so far on the year with 1 Home run  and 3 RBI’s and a .446 OPS. So needless to say he has been very bad this month so far and the Pirates at this point at least so far don’t miss him at all in their lineup.
Right now, Josh Bell is making Cherington look pretty good
Bobster21

The other games

Post by Bobster21 »

7F41444C5F47474C6C495E4D1A280 wrote: Just wanted to pass along on here that Josh Bell is hitting .119 and is 5 for 42 so far on the year with 1 Home run  and 3 RBI’s and a .446 OPS. So needless to say he has been very bad this month so far and the Pirates at this point at least so far don’t miss him at all in their lineup.
Bell was a train wreck. Always messing with his swing, huge slumps, lots of Ks, unable to throw a baseball and questionable catching one. I'm glad they traded him. And now the Nats are stuck with him and can't hide him at DH. They must have thought the DH would stay in the NL when they made the trade.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

644944555243541417260 wrote: Just wanted to pass along on here that Josh Bell is hitting .119 and is 5 for 42 so far on the year with 1 Home run  and 3 RBI’s and a .446 OPS. So needless to say he has been very bad this month so far and the Pirates at this point at least so far don’t miss him at all in their lineup.
Bell was a train wreck. Always messing with his swing, huge slumps, lots of Ks, unable to throw a baseball and questionable catching one. I'm glad they traded him. And now the Nats are stuck with him and can't hide him at DH. They must have thought the DH would stay in the NL when they made the trade.
It seemed that after the Home Run Derby, he was never the same.
Bobster21

The other games

Post by Bobster21 »

437D7870637B7B705075627126140 wrote: Just wanted to pass along on here that Josh Bell is hitting .119 and is 5 for 42 so far on the year with 1 Home run  and 3 RBI’s and a .446 OPS. So needless to say he has been very bad this month so far and the Pirates at this point at least so far don’t miss him at all in their lineup.
Yes. I remember reading that he was excited about the HR derby and I think he got into bad habits with his swing after that.
WildwoodDave2

The other games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

557875646372652526170 wrote: Just wanted to pass along on here that Josh Bell is hitting .119 and is 5 for 42 so far on the year with 1 Home run  and 3 RBI’s and a .446 OPS. So needless to say he has been very bad this month so far and the Pirates at this point at least so far don’t miss him at all in their lineup.
Yes. I remember reading that he was excited about the HR derby and I think he got into bad habits with his swing after that.
Kansas City Royals coming to town leading the AL Central. Need to cool them off