7/10 Game Thread - Niese v Lackey

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

I imagine if you could combine reggie smith and frank thomas you would get a player that looked alot like Josh Bell, kid is impressive on multiple levels.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

And Bell comes around to score the tying run on a sac fly.

No only getting on base but somehow getting over to 3rd with one out.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Crap, Tony! Have to come back, again...
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

043233242F2E342605283434470 wrote: Crap, Tony!  Have to come back, again...

Man - a frustrating game!!
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Well my goal was a 5-2 week...so its hard to be too down, but it's still bitter sweet knowing we let this one get away. Hopefully, its the last we see of Niese
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

You really would have liked to get this one today and go into the break 5.5 out. But it's not the end of the world either. We still finished up with a 12-4 record the last 16 games before the break and are in a pretty good position to still contend for a wildcard spot as we are only 3 games out of the 1st spot and a 1.5 out of the 2nd wildcard spot, and even the division with the Cubs. Need a good series in DC coming out of the break. The Pirates can't afford to come out of the break and play terrible like they have done the last few seasons. Need to start strong hopefully with Cole on the mound Friday night.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Bad loss. Should have won. Gave away runs with errors and misplayed a ball. I hope Frazier learned his base running mistake.

Would have been great only 5.5 back. The Pirates are in this. They need to get some bullpen help and another starter.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Niese is now 1-4 with a 7.93 ERA in his last 6 starts. That is flat out terrible and looking at those numbers he simply does not deserve to be starting anymore moving forward I don't care what his contract is. There are much better options then Niese and they need to explored over him at this point.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

505B535F5A5B400503744D555C5B5B1A575B340 wrote: Bad loss. Should have won. Gave away runs with errors and misplayed a ball. I hope Frazier learned his base running mistake.

Would have been great only 5.5 back. The Pirates are in this. They need to get some bullpen help and another starter. I don't think they need either. The bullpen has enough good arms in there right now with Feliz, Watson and Melancon pitching the last 3 innings, and the starting pitching answers need to be found internally with guys like Taillon and Glasnow. And guys like Liriano and Cole pitching much better which I believe they will. If you do go out and get another starting pitcher that can make a difference who are you going to give up to get him??
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3F343C3035342F6A6C1B223A3334347538345B0 wrote: I hope Frazier learned his base running mistake.

He learned that one in Little League. >:(