Rotation to start 2nd half...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

222B23323C460 wrote: I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a starting pitcher with the best ERA in the International league can probably help a bottom 3rd Major league rotation.

I know it's a gutsy call, but I'm ok going on record :)

Plus, each of those guys (Brault, Glasnow, Tallion and Kuhl) have shown that they have the talent to keep us in games. Challenge will be that the young guys might run out of gas with a ML pennant race. I think that it is a chance that you take when considering what we are putting on the hill now.

If you told me that Kuhl, who I saw pitch a few times in AA last season, would come out of a game with a lead or a good shot at winning against Kershaw and Scherzer...I would take that every time out.

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1D2F23233705262F2227282F4E0 wrote:
Well, you know, Niese is NOT pitching every fifth day as it is.  As for the other guys, I have no preference to anyone except that it would be nice to have a guy I think will have a decent chance to pitch 6-7 innings when he goes out there.  That's not Glasnow until he gets his efficiency under control.  To be fair that's not anyone else in our staff either, but that's kind of the problem here.  But if he doesn't HELP the team what's the point?
Let's see if he can help the team. And even if Glasnow only goes 5 innings like everyone else, it would be a big help if he could pitch 5 good innings instead of the 5 lousy ones we are currently getting from just about everyone else. I just can't see how you can say on the basis of one start, in which he didn't pitch badly (and got no help whatsoever from Mr. Caminero) that there's no evidence he can help a team with such a horrible rotation.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

NY Mets fans were talking to Mike Francesa (WFAN NYC) about getting Niese back from the Pirates. Their SP have hit a lot of bumps this season too. Francesa didn't see the point in trying to get Niese back.

Most here in NYC had Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard and Matz posing for HOF plaques a year ago.