7/20 Game Thread Locke versus Brewers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

McCutchen is hitless with 2 strikeouts.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

4D6A7B7F7A67586C7B7A7A671E0 wrote: Another 0 for 4 night for Cutch. They can't continue to bat him 3rd much longer if he continues to struggle and look like crap at the plate.

He got robbed on two line drives tonight...it's getting harder to defend him, but you're off here dude.  Typical Freddy drama reaction...

The villain tonight is Locke...and the idiots that continue to allow him to pitch
KLBuccos

Post by KLBuccos »

0 for 5, 2 strikeouts and no walks

Opposing pitchers do not fear him anymore
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

013736212A2B3123002D3131420 wrote: Another 0 for 4 night for Cutch. They can't continue to bat him 3rd much longer if he continues to struggle and look like crap at the plate.

He got robbed on two line drives tonight...it's getting harder to defend him, but you're off here dude.  Typical Freddy drama reaction...

The villain tonight is Locke...and the idiots that continue to allow him to pitch

It has bugged me all year with Niese and Locke that they have stayed in games longer than they should and have turned small deficits into large ones. Neither has a track record of being very successful the third time through the line up or have shown the ability to pitch out of trouble consistently. Yet the Bucs have kept them out there like they are expecting something good to happen.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6B4C5D595C417E4A5D5C5C41380 wrote: Jaso is quietly starting to look more and more useless as the games go on. Time to move him and call Bell up to play 1st.

I was surprised to see his average is under .270. With no power, able to steal I don't think he is the answer. I'd rather use Freese at 1B.

Not sure who would want Jaso, but he would be picked up in a heartbeat. Not sure what to do. He can be useful off the bench, but if Bell is up someone needs to go down.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

1B2D2C3B30312B391A372B2B580 wrote: Another 0 for 4 night for Cutch. They can't continue to bat him 3rd much longer if he continues to struggle and look like crap at the plate.

The villain tonight is Locke...and the idiots that continue to allow him to pitch Cutch still doesn't look like himself at the plate regardless of the two hard hit balls he had up the middle. Cutch is still doing way more harm to this team right now then good. So I'm sorry I'm not going to get too excited about Cutch hitting 2 balls hard and making 2 hard outs I'm just not. And if we are starting to do that with Cutch then it goes to show how far our expectations have dropped with him.

I'm with you in regards to Locke that when is enough enough with him. Especially when you have guys like Kuhl and Glasnow and even Brault who are all much better options. I mentioned last night that there is absolutely no excuse to pitch Locke anytime soon here with 4 full off days coming for the team within the next 2-3 weeks. You can't pitch him again with as bad as he looked last night. By doing so you're throwing games away basically for all practical purposes.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Maybe there is the passing thought of a trade and they hope he will show well (he does now and then, you know) to help that along. Getting something for him has to be better than releasing him, or putting him at the end of the bench and never using him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

This was the 7th time Locke has failed to make it through at least 5 innings. He has always been a very weak pitcher in the 2nd half of seasons. This year is no different . His last good start was on June 25. That's the anniversary of Custer's Last Stand. It might also be Locke's Last Stand. Here are his starts since then.

7/1 5 IP 3 H 3 ER 3 BB 3 SO

7/6 4 IP 8 H 5 ER 1 BB 3 SO

7/20 3 IP 7 H 5 ER 5 BB 5 SO
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

200D00111607105053620 wrote: This was the 7th time Locke has failed to make it through at least 5 innings. He has always been a very weak pitcher in the 2nd half of seasons. This year is no different . His last good start was on June 25. That's the anniversary of Custer's Last Stand. It might also be Locke's Last Stand. Here are his starts since then.

7/1     5 IP  3 H  3 ER  3 BB  3 SO

7/6     4 IP  8 H  5 ER  1 BB  3 SO

7/20   3 IP  7 H  5 ER  5 BB  5 SO Yea enough is enough with Locke especially when you have not just one but maybe two or even three better options in the Minor League's right now. With the off days coming up next week there is absolutely no reason or justification to pitch Locke again anytime soon. Glasnow and Kuhl can flip flop the next few weeks if you want to mix and match them. The bottom line is both of these guys should get the ball before Jeff Locke does again.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

At this point the front office needs to make a decision whether to bring in Kuhl or Brault to replace Locke. I'd be fine with either. My probably go with Brault to main 2 lefties in the rotation. Maybe Locke can help out of the pen the way Niese has done this week, who knows.