The Milwaukee Series ... THIS. IS. IT.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Rats - Cubs score to in the 5th, up 2-1.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Mad Max with big RBI!
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

"Get Smart Max" Gotta love Greg Brown
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3F382E26283F78740D2A202C2421632E22204D0 wrote: Mad Max with big RBI!
He's unstoppable!
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

If Cervelli would learn to keep his big, hothead mouth shut once in a while he wouldn't be getting calls against him like that. (And it was a strike borderline)

Our pitchers would very likely be getting more strikes too.   Every game this guy is griping about calls against him or showing up umps.  Hothead loudmouth catcher. Opposite of what the position calls for traditionally. Not a fan

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Rivero is an unbelievable pen pitcher. Raise it!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Besides not challenging the call at the plate, it was a well managed game by Hurdle.

I liked starting Osuna and then replacing him for Frazier on defense. A double switch was done right with Freese and Moroff.

The bullpen did their job. Polanco got four hits all against a lefty. McCutchen hustled down the line and stole a base. Kuhl pitched well overall. Got ripped off by the official scorer. Polanco with a huge assist at the plate.

Great game to attend and watch. Raise it!
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Enormous win. Just huge.

I thought this was the worst pitching matchup of the 4 for us, and now Cole, Nova and Taillon had BETTER step up and deliver quality starts over the next 3 days.

We have to get 3 of 4 ... but for now the Pirates need to get greedy and sweep the Brew Crew right out of town. Man that would be sweet.

Love seeing Polanco heat up. If Cutch stays hot, if Marte is ready to roll when he returns tomorrow, this offense could finally break out.

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

On another note, can't believe this team went 39-41 without Marte.

It was not pretty, but it is MUCH better than I would have predicted.

If you had told me the Pirates would go 39-41 and would be 6 games out when Marte returned, I have to admit I would have taken that gladly. I was fearful of something like 30-40 and 15 games out of 1st.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Bucs continue to hang in there and now have a decent Chance to win these next 3 games with Nova, Cole and Taillon on the mound.