Huntington on fan today...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Adams turned out to be good for the Braves. But he was still pretty much given away. It was no blockbuster deal. He was just a name people knew, especially from around here. There is a thread about this trade too.

I guess Huntington believes the Pirates are still in it. He sited how they have a winning record against teams with winning records. He didn't want to trade the expiring contracts.

In my opinion, he should have traded the expiring contracts just to get something. I wasn't expecting much in return, but did think Nicasio could bring something back.

I do find it funny that if he would have traded everyone, people would have been mad they gave up on the season. Now, that he didn't trade the expiring contracts people are mad and feel lied to. Can you really have it both ways? No matter what they do, the people against the front office will complain.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote: Adams turned out to be good for the Braves.  But he was still pretty much given away.  It was no blockbuster deal.  He was just a name people knew, especially from around here.  There is a thread about this trade too.

I guess Huntington believes the Pirates are still in it.  He sited how they have a winning record against teams with winning records.  He didn't want to trade the expiring contracts.

In my opinion, he should have traded the expiring contracts just to get something.  I wasn't expecting much in return, but did think Nicasio could bring something back. 

I do find it funny that if he would have traded everyone, people would have been mad they gave up on the season.  Now, that he didn't trade the expiring contracts people are mad and feel lied to.  Can you really have it both ways?  No matter what they do, the people against the front office will complain.

Then NH is delusional is he thinks that.  No chance this team was still in it.  I wouldn't have been mad if they traded players and made some moves to acquire additional talent.  Why?  Because this season wasn't going anywhere as far as this team making the playoffs.  It wasn't giving up on the season, or it wouldn't have been.  It would have been a breath of fresh air to see more moves and less poor moves acquiring a garbage reliever from Philly just to replace Watson.  What was the point?

They should have dealt Cutch too. 2017-18 off season is big for NH and the cheap skate. They better make some serious moves to have people buy what they are selling. They are selling they are trying to win a title, but yet, smart people know better. Fans ripped them for their last of moves; same with the Pittsburgh media. You think they won't get ripped if they don't make good moves in the offseason? Bringing in the Benoit's of the world doesn't move the needle in a positive direction.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

202731393720676B12353F333B3E7C313D3F520 wrote:

Further, I haven't heard the interview (now posted by Bobster) but assuming I heard correct info, how do you treat Neal's statement that the pirates are "still contending" this season with his actions? Is he telling the TRUTH or twisting it?

That's the beauty of how NH spins and communicates.  "Still contending" is completely subjective and ambiguous.  It can be interpreted many ways.  Did the Pirates compete in 2017 solely based on the fact they were 50-50 and 3 games back on July 24th?  Were they contending in 2011 because they  were 53-47 and tied for 1st place on July 25th despite finishing with 90 loses?  Huntington and his followers will tell you they were.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I think they contended in 2011. They had a terrible finish, maybe the worst in franchise history. My hopes were really up thinking they would fall apart, but I didn't think they would play .300 ball down the stretch.

I don't think they contended this year at all. They came close for like a week, then blew it again.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7C777F7376776C292F586179707777367B77180 wrote: Adams turned out to be good for the Braves.  But he was still pretty much given away.  It was no blockbuster deal.  He was just a name people knew, especially from around here.  There is a thread about this trade too.

I guess Huntington believes the Pirates are still in it.  He sited how they have a winning record against teams with winning records.  He didn't want to trade the expiring contracts.

In my opinion, he should have traded the expiring contracts just to get something.  I wasn't expecting much in return, but did think Nicasio could bring something back. 

I do find it funny that if he would have traded everyone, people would have been mad they gave up on the season.  Now, that he didn't trade the expiring contracts people are mad and feel lied to.  Can you really have it both ways?  No matter what they do, the people against the front office will complain.

if he would have traded expiring contracts some would have been happy and some would have been mad.

The Pirates can't make decisions based upon whether fans get mad or not (and NH claims that fans reaction isn't a part of decision making).
mouse

Post by mouse »

Quintana is pitching today for the Cubs. He gave up a three-run homer in the first, followed by a solo homer. Arizona up 4 - 0 going to the bottom of the first.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

123435223424570 wrote:

The Pirates can't make decisions based upon whether fans get mad or not (and NH claims that fans reaction isn't a part of decision making).

Totally agree. Just saying no matter what happened the naysayers would have come out. They came out after a thread discussion when most agreed only Watson would be traded.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

545F575B5E5F440107704951585F5F1E535F300 wrote:

Totally agree. Just saying no matter what happened the naysayers would have come out.  They came out after a thread discussion when most agreed only Watson would be traded.

what I'm saying is that there are different naysayers it is not a cohesive group. Some that are naysayers are also yay sayers depending upon the move.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

725455425444370 wrote:

Totally agree. Just saying no matter what happened the naysayers would have come out.  They came out after a thread discussion when most agreed only Watson would be traded.

what I'm saying is that there are different naysayers it is not a cohesive group.  Some that are naysayers are also yay sayers depending upon the move.

I am not sure if I agree with that. I am not just saying on this board either, people on the streets, radio personnel, and other media too. People just disagree no matter what the front office does. I have a few teammates I see weekly that do this all the time and get so mad when I say "last week, you said____, but now you ____"?
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

757E767A7F7E652026516870797E7E3F727E110 wrote:

what I'm saying is that there are different naysayers it is not a cohesive group.  Some that are naysayers are also yay sayers depending upon the move.

I am not sure if I agree with that.  I am not just saying on this board either, people on the streets, radio personnel, and other media too.  People just disagree no matter what the front office does.  I have a few teammates I see weekly that do this all the time and get so mad when I say "last week, you said____, but now you ____"?

Well, look at the examples on this board, you are not happy if you are called an apologist for the front office as posters will say you always agree with front office. I think it is more nuanced than that with most fans.