Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

notes34

Post by notes34 »

567B76676071662625140 wrote: It's unbelievably short sighted of the Orioles to think that if they don''t trade Machado to the Yankees in 2018 he won't end up with them either as a free agent in 2019 if not sooner. The Orioles could trade him to a non-division team and then that team could trade him to the Yankees. This only makes sense if the Orioles think they can win it all in 2018. But if that's the case, they wouldn't trade him anyway.
It is being rumored the Cubs are in on Machado. They are willing to allow him to play SS. The economics of baseball are so ridiculous. If things keep going in this direction MLB might as well just contract to about 16 teams and be done with it.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

684548595E4F58181B2A0 wrote: It's unbelievably short sighted of the Orioles to think that if they don''t trade Machado to the Yankees in 2018 he won't end up with them either as a free agent in 2019 if not sooner. The Orioles could trade him to a non-division team and then that team could trade him to the Yankees. This only makes sense if the Orioles think they can win it all in 2018. But if that's the case, they wouldn't trade him anyway.

As soon as I heard the White Sox were in on Machado, that raised a red flag to me. Why? Why would they trade a considerable amount of prospects that they acquired in deals involving Sale and more, for a guy that would more than likely bolt after 2018 in free agency. The White Sox aren't contenders, even with Machado in the lineup. It was obvious they were flipping him somewhere else.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Teams can ask for permission to talk extension with that player before a trade is made. Both teams and the league office have to agree.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Yanks resign Sabathia. This should put an end to Cole to Yanks. Thanks Neal.
Speedloader88

Post by Speedloader88 »

Jon Heyman reported 43 minutes ago that the Pirates wanted Greyber Torres in the Cole deal but the Yanks won't give that much up. Yanks want to go Frazier plus for Cole. Not sure if the Sabathia deal is insurance or mutually exclusive.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Heyman tweeted that NH asked for Torres from Cashman. LOL.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

50736666676F6C626766713B3B030 wrote: Jon Heyman reported 43 minutes ago that the Pirates wanted Greyber Torres in the Cole deal but the Yanks won't give that much up.  Yanks want to go Frazier plus for Cole.  Not sure if the Sabathia deal is insurance or mutually exclusive.

The deal was Cole for Torres, not Torres and others. One for one according to the tweet. Heyman said they are still negotiating.

Torres was traded for two months of Chapman before.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

69626A666362793C3A4D746C656262236E620D0 wrote: Jon Heyman reported 43 minutes ago that the Pirates wanted Greyber Torres in the Cole deal but the Yanks won't give that much up.  Yanks want to go Frazier plus for Cole.  Not sure if the Sabathia deal is insurance or mutually exclusive.

The deal was Cole for Torres, not Torres and others. One for one according to the tweet. Heyman said they are still negotiating.

Torres was traded for two months of Chapman before.

It doesn't mean the Yanks have to trade him for two years of a #4 starter. He is right now their starting third baseman. Very stupid of Neal to dismiss other options, like Andujar who certainly can helpp the 3B void in this organization in due time.

Nothing will get done unless NH gets off his high horse and goes after something else. There are other options. Very short sided of him. Hell, I would ask for Montgomery and something else. He would be better than our #3, #4, #5 and would challenge Taillon.
RichD

Post by RichD »

Neil needs to start talking to some other teams or at least make it seem so.Build that market for Cole .Balt ,Texas ,twins etc. He is going to mess this up,I CANT FEEL IT :-/
LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

my ask would be frazier, sheffeild, and andujar. or at least that is what I would hope for, but what do I know!