Brandon Nimmo for Josh Harrison?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

09203C29242B21747C717D450 wrote: Would Milwaukee trade Domingo Santana for Harrison?

If I'm Milwaukee, I would be interested in Harrison.  He is a lot better than the option at 2B.  That said, am I trading a 25-year old kid that hit 30 homers, hit close to .280, swiped 15 bases or so for Harrison?  Nope.  Pittsburgh would have to add to that.  Should Pittsburgh be receptive to Santana if Milwaukee called?  Absolutely.  Will they?  Nope. They will probably resort to using Luplow in the OF instead of acquiring a good OF that can help.

I bet Milwaukee is looking for a starter for the rotation in the event they can't land either Darvish or Arrieta.
Quail

Post by Quail »

6A7A7B4C5A5A56390 wrote: Would Milwaukee trade Domingo Santana for Harrison?

If I'm Milwaukee, I would be interested in Harrison.  He is a lot better than the option at 2B.  That said, am I trading a 25-year old kid that hit 30 homers, hit close to .280, swiped 15 bases or so for Harrison?  Nope.  Pittsburgh would have to add to that.  Should Pittsburgh be receptive to Santana if Milwaukee called?  Absolutely.  Will they?  Nope.  They will probably resort to using Luplow in the OF instead of acquiring a good OF that can help.

I bet Milwaukee is looking for a starter for the rotation in the event they can't land either Darvish or Arrieta.

I wonder if the Brewers would consider a Harrison and Nova deal for Santana + a prospect.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

002430383D510 wrote: Would Milwaukee trade Domingo Santana for Harrison?

If I'm Milwaukee, I would be interested in Harrison.  He is a lot better than the option at 2B.  That said, am I trading a 25-year old kid that hit 30 homers, hit close to .280, swiped 15 bases or so for Harrison?  Nope.  Pittsburgh would have to add to that.  Should Pittsburgh be receptive to Santana if Milwaukee called?  Absolutely.  Will they?  Nope.  They will probably resort to using Luplow in the OF instead of acquiring a good OF that can help.

I wonder if the Brewers would consider a Harrison and Nova deal for Santana + a prospect.

Who knows. So, our rotation goes from bad to worse with that. That would force them to add a rotation guy. But, it doesn't matter in the end.
Quail

Post by Quail »

6D7D7C4B5D5D513E0 wrote: Would Milwaukee trade Domingo Santana for Harrison?

Who knows.  So, our rotation goes from bad to worse with that.  That would force them to add a rotation guy. But, it doesn't matter in the end.

Of course you're right, but for me sending out Harrison and Nova (as well as Cervelli) is something that would at least give a clear direction forward to rebuilding instead of the current limbo/treading water B.S. that this management team is currently propagandizing.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

6062787E680D0 wrote: If Frazier is the starting second baseman next year, we should get a really good draft pick the following year. I can see Frazier in left. His speed helps overcome his mistakes, plus there aren't as many plays in left. I do like his bat and like him as a leadoff hitter.
I like Frazier in left, too. In fact, before we gave Cutch away, I thought Frazier was our best 4th of.

Unfortunately, he will now probably be over his head as a starter.
Quail

Post by Quail »

If the Pirates can get Nimmo from the Mets or Santana from the Brewers in a deal involving Harrison, then maybe we could pry Realmuto from the Marlins for a package of Meadows + Glasnow. Solves the Pirates catching situation and the outfield.

Yeah, I know it won't happen. >:(
pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

Just heard Mets still interested but need Nimmo in outfield and think FA may be best route to 3B.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Conforto will miss at least one month to start the season. They have Bruce, Cespedes and Lagares. Harrison can play either corner, with Lagares in CF.
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

I think Milwaukee is going to cash in their OF chips for some pitching help. I'd love to get Santana, and i can see them being interested in Harrison. I just think they have to view their pitching as the bigger need.

I'm less sold on Nimmo. He's probably a corner OFer eventually and has only shown a glimpse of power while spending most of two seasons in LV in the hitter-friendly PCL. I'd guess he's a 10-15 HR guy at most, and that's not good enough for a corner spot unless he hits 50 doubles with it.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Frazier may be an decent leadoff man, and I agree that LF is his best defensive spot, but the offense is never going to produce as a unit without more power and slugging.  

Frazier, Marte and Polanco.   Woeful pop out there.  Marte's career .439 slugging is tops lol.  That's ridiculous.    Which means you need people driving the ball who play the infield to balance it.

Moran?  cross fingers.  Mercer? no,  J-Hay? yes his slugging counts  Bell, yes.  Cervelli? absolutely not.

I really don't see any feasible offesnive plan.  It's all nonsense from an offensive standpoint.   No real power in the pipeline.   No plan to improve the offense.    

There's little offensive future in this organization.  Which means you better start trading our so-called projectable pitching and getting some kids who can drive the baseball somewhere in return. And that's assuming Moran has legit power.

if Moran is a 15 hr guy? you can forget about it...