Re-thinking Polanco

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Re-thinking Polanco

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

655B5E56455D5D567653445700320 wrote: I am done with the re-thinking of Polanco.  Just sit him somewhere he can be out of sight and out of mind to Shelty.    Maybe even let Polanco dress up as one of the Pierogis and see if he can win the race. 

He’d strain both hamstrings, fall down, and break his back.

Or Randall Simon would run onto the field with a bat and clobber him, mistaking Polanco for an actual pierogi.

HAHA!  Randall Simon.  There was another guy who came here and failed terribly.  There have been a boatload of them over the past 30 years.

Don't forget Lastings Milledge

I already did.
Osushawn

Re-thinking Polanco

Post by Osushawn »

He was just released
fjk090852-7

Re-thinking Polanco

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5E6264627970667F110 wrote: He was just released
I just saw that Rob Biertemlple is saying the Athletic is reporting that Polanco has been released.
ArnoldRothstein

Re-thinking Polanco

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I'd love to see the computer printout saying today's the day.

So the waiver rule now is that the guy is either claimed or released? No revocation possible.
DemDog

Re-thinking Polanco

Post by DemDog »

That means never again will I have to put Pooplanco's name in the starting lineup of the Official Game Thread! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Bobster21

Re-thinking Polanco

Post by Bobster21 »

6E5D4140434B7D405B475C5B4A46412F0 wrote: I'd love to see the computer printout saying today's the day.

So the waiver rule now is that the guy is either claimed or released? No revocation possible.
The PG reports "outright release waivers." Same as "irrevocable" waivers. If claimed, the claiming club takes over his contract. Obviously, no team will do that. If unclaimed, he is removed from the 40 man roster.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Re-thinking Polanco

This was inevitable since last season. I know Cherington was hoping Polanco would show some sign of life so that he could be traded but, by mid-May, it was pretty obvious he was done as a player. It’s never too late to improve the organization and that’s what happened today with his release.
WildwoodDave2

Re-thinking Polanco

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7224322629332328253200272D21292C6E23400 wrote: This was inevitable since last season.  I know Cherington was hoping Polanco would show some sign of life so that he could be traded but, by mid-May, it was pretty obvious he was done as a player.  It’s never too late to improve the organization and that’s what happened today with his release.
Very well stated. Shedman couldn't have said it better :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Re-thinking Polanco

457B7E76657D7D765673647720120 wrote: This was inevitable since last season.  I know Cherington was hoping Polanco would show some sign of life so that he could be traded but, by mid-May, it was pretty obvious he was done as a player.  It’s never too late to improve the organization and that’s what happened today with his release.
Very well stated. Shedman couldn't have said it better :D

Shed will claim that Polanco should be retained because he’s a major league player, not an LMG. Then he’ll say it was another salary dump, even though the organization still has to pay him. For Shed, logic is a foreign idea.
shedman

Re-thinking Polanco

Post by shedman »

This is great news. Now we can replace Polanco's .198 BA with Alford's .148 average and then kick the can down the road a few more years while BOB can pocket some more money.