The Other Games 2022

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

247264707F65757E736456717B777F7A3875160 wrote: Cleveland advances with a 1-0, 15 inning win.  Good pitching duels are still to be admired.
How could MLB watch this game unfold and not get rid of ghost runner baseball?

If baseball was a once-a-week sport, the concept of ghost runners would never fly.  But the owners and GMs are so protective of pitchers now that I’m surprised they’re not used in the playoffs, too.

I find it funny that if part of the reason is to protect pitchers, they have a 3 batter minimum. Speaking of which, is that rule in the playoffs too? I honestly didn't know that they didn't use the ghost runner in the playoffs.

Never understand why they play two different games for the regular season and then the playoffs. Every sport does this
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games 2022

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

785E594C45495E48402B0 wrote: Cleveland advances with a 1-0, 15 inning win.  Good pitching duels are still to be admired.
How could MLB watch this game unfold and not get rid of ghost runner baseball?

If baseball was a once-a-week sport, the concept of ghost runners would never fly.  But the owners and GMs are so protective of pitchers now that I’m surprised they’re not used in the playoffs, too.

I find it funny that if part of the reason is to protect pitchers, they have a 3 batter minimum.  Speaking of which, is that rule in the playoffs too? I honestly didn't know that they didn't use the ghost runner in the playoffs.

Never understand why they play two different games for the regular season and then the playoffs. Every sport does this

One of things I always liked about baseball was that the rules rarely changed. We played the same game our dads and granddads did when they were young. Unlike football, one never had to reacquaint himself with the rules when each season started. For me, pretty much all of the rules changes, beginning with the DH, have taken away much of the joy and passion I have for the game.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Rough day for Aaron Judge in a 4-2 loss to the Indians.

Judge was 0-5 with 4 K's. Series now heads back t0

Cleveland tied 1-1
mouse

The Other Games 2022

Post by mouse »

Not a good day for Brewers fans either, seeing Josh Hader close out for the Padres over the Dodgers. They have to be wondering what might have been. Hard trade to justify.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0D0F151305600 wrote: Not a good day for Brewers fans either, seeing Josh Hader close out for the Padres over the Dodgers. They have to be wondering what might have been. Hard trade to justify.
That one does baffle me
3pirates3

The Other Games 2022

Post by 3pirates3 »

"BREAKING: The Miami Marlins are hiring Skip Schumaker as their next Manager per source." - Mish

https://twitter.com/CraigMish/status/15 ... 3135876096
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Adam Wainwright to return for the 2023 Season at the age of 41.

His contract stipulates that he be allowed to pitch in every series

vs. the Pirates :D
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Also Aaron Boone is expected to get a new 3 yr. Contact with the

Yankees
3pirates3

The Other Games 2022

Post by 3pirates3 »

"Interesting news out of Milwaukee: David Stearns is stepping down as Brewers president of baseball operations and will remain in an advisory role to ownership and baseball operations, club announced.

Matt Arnold will move into the lead role overseeing baseball operations." - Sammon

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/1 ... 9329784832
3pirates3

The Other Games 2022

Post by 3pirates3 »

"The Kansas City Royals are hiring Matt Quatraro as their new manager, sources tell ESPN. Quatraro, 48, has been the Rays' bench coach and also worked in Cleveland. He's adored among players, coaches and execs, and is regarded as the ideal type to shepherd the Royals' young core." - Passan

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... 9015474177