Cruz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Cruz

Post by JollyRoger »

261304040F3604040F0804610 wrote: The world is coming to an end on THIS thread, too . BOB, post the clip.!

I'm with fjk on this.  The guy has a this resume in high minors ball.  I would have made the same decision, TBH.

Ben makes good ones once in a while.

Ben has made great decisions. However it makes no sense to convert a power hitting SS with a cannon arm who has great range and can field adequately to an OF. He is much more valuable as a SS. There are tons of OF with power and a good arm. Just because he is 6’7” there is trepidation that he is “too big for the position” whatever that means. He would probably take away many sure line drive hits with his height
GreenWeenie

Cruz

Post by GreenWeenie »

I agree with all that comes after the first sentence. I'm not big on converting or "super utility" nonsense, as a general rule. Some are successful. I dnk what the difference between a "super utility" guy and a "utility" guy is, or even a "bench" guy.

I see Cruz as an every day guy who has his position. He sees himself as a SS, so that's how I see him.

Let guys like Tucker go all over the place.
JollyRoger

Cruz

Post by JollyRoger »

A couple more comments and then I will get off the Cruz bandwagon. I know Peguero is also a great SS prospect. Although he does not have the power of Cruz. I can see trying to make players more versatile.

But again with regards to power, when was the last time the Pirates had a power hitting shortstop???????

The answer………..NEVER!
WildwoodDave2

Cruz

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4B6E6D6D78536E666473010 wrote: A couple more comments and then I will get off the Cruz bandwagon. I know Peguero is also a great SS prospect. Although he does not have the power of Cruz. I can see trying to make players more versatile.

But again with regards to power, when was the last time the Pirates had a power hitting shortstop???????

The answer………..NEVER!
Mario Mendoza :D :D :D
JollyRoger

Cruz

Post by JollyRoger »

516F6A62716969624267706334060 wrote: A couple more comments and then I will get off the Cruz bandwagon. I know Peguero is also a great SS prospect. Although he does not have the power of Cruz. I can see trying to make players more versatile.

The answer………..NEVER!
Mario Mendoza  :D :D :D
Lol. My point exactly. Right up there with slugging Sammy Kalifa
Surgnbuck

Cruz

Post by Surgnbuck »

Freddie Patek hit 3 HR's in a game....albeit with the Angels.
GreenWeenie

Cruz

Post by GreenWeenie »

7A5F5C5C49625F575542300 wrote: A couple more comments and then I will get off the Cruz bandwagon. I know Peguero is also a great SS prospect. Although he does not have the power of Cruz. I can see trying to make players more versatile.

The answer………..NEVER!
Lol. My point exactly. Right up there with slugging Sammy Kalifa

Shortstop? When wuz the last time we had any power whatsoever from anyone? We're practically allergic to power.

Bell? Dumped.

Pedro? Not for long

Andrew? He was a threat, so it might be him.

PRNW? Maybe.

Andy LaRoche? If it's him, it's been a while.

Barry/Bonilla? Even longer.

So, yeah, I'm not the kind of guy who'd turn away from a guy with power, but I'll trust BC to make the right call on guys. He & his staff see guys more than I see them. It's his job to win games, so it's in his best interest to bring guys up who can help his club do it.

DemDog

Cruz

Post by DemDog »

142A2F27342C2C270722352671430 wrote: A couple more comments and then I will get off the Cruz bandwagon. I know Peguero is also a great SS prospect. Although he does not have the power of Cruz. I can see trying to make players more versatile.

The answer………..NEVER!

That smart-ass quote could get you a day off. I've banned other guys for less. Then I would hate for your Mrs. to left with you bitching about a banning! ;) ;) ;)
GreenWeenie

Cruz

Post by GreenWeenie »

Now, there's a woman who's going to heaven. Guar an teed. :)
DemDog

Cruz

Post by DemDog »

7045525259605252595E52370 wrote: Now, there's a woman who's going to heaven.  Guar an teed.  :)

I have never met her in person but I have talked to her over the phone when WWD2 was having problems gaining access to OBN. She was the one who was handling the computer so he could get things worked out.