7/9 Game Thread - Kuhl Runnings v Lester

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PMike

Post by PMike »

Part of me agrees with the sentiment about keeping Bell up based on his performance in these last two game. But then I think, c'mon, it's been only 2 at bats and 3 pitches. Let's get real here.

If you are going to say that Bell should stay up, that's fine. His minor league production more than warrants it and he looks like he belongs. Suggesting that he should stay up because of two at bats is crazy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

776A4E4C42270 wrote: Part of me agrees with the sentiment about keeping Bell up based on his performance in these last two game.  But then I think, c'mon, it's been only 2 at bats and 3 pitches.  Let's get real here.

If you are going to say that Bell should stay up, that's fine.  His minor league production more than warrants it and he looks like he belongs.  Suggesting that he should stay up because of two at bats is crazy.

I think it's both. His AAA numbers are worthy of a promotion. The plan was to call him up just for the weekend for an extra bat off the bench. No one would have been surprised if he was still looking for his first hit. But he used the 2 ABs he got to open a lot of eyes. I would keep him around and give him a few starts before making a decision on whether he should stay or go back.
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

332E0A0806630 wrote: Part of me agrees with the sentiment about keeping Bell up based on his performance in these last two game.  But then I think, c'mon, it's been only 2 at bats and 3 pitches.  Let's get real here.

If you are going to say that Bell should stay up, that's fine.  His minor league production more than warrants it and he looks like he belongs.  Suggesting that he should stay up because of two at bats is crazy.

Normally, I would agree with this statement without hesitation, but these were two very high-leverage at bats. His success in those at bats shows me he's emotionally ready the promotion. I think his AAA performance already showed his bat needed a promotion. The only question now for me is whether his glove can handle the promotion. Bell's promotion doesn't come without costs, though. He virtually destroys Jaso's value and he puts a significant damper on Freese's and/or Kang's as well.