El Toro OPs up to .808

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by dmetz »

7F747C7075746F2A2C5B627A7374743578741B0 wrote: Yeah, I would rather have a .254 ave with 4 HRs and 26 RBI (in more at bats) than all those solo shots and 40 RBIs.

That's great dog, love your sarcasm and disagree with you, like always. I wish we lived in an X-box 360 game too!

But unfortunately after every half inning, he needs to pick up a glove.    And that's when the real fun begins...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

You can disagree, but no way Alvarez is playing as bad as Jaso. You knocking him for just hitting solo shots is laughable. He would be leading the Pirates in HRs even in his limited at bats.

I know people don't like Alvarez and are disappointed with him as he wasn't the MVP, franchise player many hoped he would be. But some of his critism is laughable.
steve49

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by steve49 »

3239313D3839226761162F373E3939783539560 wrote: You can disagree, but no way Alvarez is playing as bad as Jaso. You knocking him for just hitting solo shots is laughable. He would be leading the Pirates in HRs even in his limited at bats.

I know people don't like Alvarez and are disappointed with him as he wasn't the MVP, franchise player many hoped he would be. But some of his criticism is laughable.

It's not really "laughable" to point out that most of his HR's are in low leverage situations. Pitchers often pitch a little differently when the bases are empty. If Alveraz was so valuable , why couldn't the Pirates not even trade him to an AL team ? He's a guy that has no position on the field as he butchers everything. He's playing in a great park in a good lineup. He no doubt "works" for the birds but there's no way the Pirates could or should have kept him around.
Ecbucs

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by Ecbucs »

5F58495A4918152C0 wrote: You can disagree, but no way Alvarez is playing as bad as Jaso. You knocking him for just hitting solo shots is laughable. He would be leading the Pirates in HRs even in his limited at bats.

I know people don't like Alvarez and are disappointed with him as he wasn't the MVP, franchise player many hoped he would be. But some of his criticism is laughable.

It's not really "laughable" to point out that most of his HR's are in low leverage situations. Pitchers often pitch a little differently when the bases are empty. If Alveraz was so valuable , why couldn't the Pirates not even trade him to an AL team ? He's a guy that has no position on the field as he butchers everything. He's playing in a great park in a good lineup. He no doubt "works" for the birds but there's no way the Pirates could or should have kept him around.

The Pirates shouldn't have kept him. It turned out to be surprising to me that he got as big a contract as he did with the O's as it didn't look like anyone else wanted him. In hindsight, it is surprising to see that the Bucs got Freese for a couple million less.

I do think criticism that his homers come in low leverage situations isn't really fair. My guess is that most homers come in low leverage situations.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

183E3F283E2E5D0 wrote: You can disagree, but no way Alvarez is playing as bad as Jaso. You knocking him for just hitting solo shots is laughable. He would be leading the Pirates in HRs even in his limited at bats.

The Pirates shouldn't have kept him.  It turned out to be surprising to me that he got as big a contract as he did with the O's as it didn't look like anyone else wanted him.  In hindsight, it is surprising to see that the Bucs got Freese for a couple million less.

I do think criticism that his homers come in low leverage situations isn't really fair.  My guess is that most homers come in low leverage situations.

Right. More players bat in low leverage situations than high leverage situations. If his stats carried over to the Pirates, he would be a top bat on the team (again) right now.

I didn't expect him back, but I still think he gets unwarranted criticism. I will defend any player who I feel is being wronged.